Poll Question: Who is interested in a PC version of Halo

Who is interested in a PC version of Halo Anniversary?

• YES, of course!!!

Votes: 98 39.8%
  • nah

Votes: 148 60.2%

• Total voters
Hell, I'd be happy for Halo 3 PC. But only if they do it right - not like Halo 2 for PC. That was a train wreck.

Halo 2 didn't suck because it was a bad PC port. It was just a shitty game.

Same with Halo 3.

Reach on PC would be amazing, just a great game, 4 wasn't bad either.

I never even gave Halo 2 a chance due to the bogus Vista requirement, and the Halo 1 port. Halo 1 for PC released 2 years after the Xbox version, was buggy as hell for the entire first year, had poorly implemented mouse support until months after launch, performed badly given it's, at the time of release, mediocre graphics, and had the feature I was most interested in, co-op, removed. The series was never worth a second look to me after that. It was OK on the Xbox, but was just a mess on the PC. Why would I want them to bother wasting dev "talent" on it that would better serve us being used on another game?

Loved to play the first Halo on PC years ago. But then it went all Console exclusive and meh... :(
Sometimes I play it on the xBox of my friend, the newer Halos I mean. Great game. Wish it would come back on PCs :)

I never even gave Halo 2 a chance due to the bogus Vista requirement, and the Halo 1 port. Halo 1 for PC released 2 years after the Xbox version, was buggy as hell for the entire first year, had poorly implemented mouse support until months after launch, performed badly given it's, at the time of release, mediocre graphics, and had the feature I was most interested in, co-op, removed. The series was never worth a second look to me after that. It was OK on the Xbox, but was just a mess on the PC. Why would I want them to bother wasting dev "talent" on it that would better serve us being used on another game?

Pretty much this. I highly enjoyed it on the Xbox (I thought the music, cinematics, and story were really good, regardless of it being a 'rip-off) but when the PC version came around, it was kinda...crap. I remember I had a powerful gaming PC back then for the time, yet the game really showed how poorly optimized it was, particularly once you got to fighting inside the alien ship. That, and no co-op kind of ruined it for me. I also didn't play anything past the first Halo largely because of the Vista-exclusive BS.

Having said that, yes I would love to have a proper port of the Anniversary Edition. I'm just not holding my breath.

I am one of those rare people that really don't like Halo. It doesn't seem like it's much different than other FPS's and is similar to the Unreal series. I played the first one on PC and Xbox, then Halo 3 on the 360.... It's just nothing special at all.

So, I voted nah. Just because I wouldn't be interested, nor would I play it.

of course! yeah, the halo is kind of terrible, but not too many other games still offer co-op campaigns. unfortunately the 360 cannot play large parts of this at more than 10 fps, so definitely a pc version would be nice.

Back