Polk R300 floorstanding speakers $79.98/pair @ fry's B&M

Also available in their Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas stores...

Anyone know how good these are? How they sound?

I've got a cheap low end reciever in the closet somewhere.....

they have these on their website for 49.99 each, but shipping was like $130 for 4 of them so i decided to pass. the closest store to me is 75 miles, otherwise i'd go check B&M prices.

I had the R30s which are very similar and they sounded pretty decent, just a bit weak on bass, but no worse than other speakers for the price or double it. They get my thumbs up.

Protip for frys: Order them separately or in pairs (multiple orders) and save a lot on shipping.

I had the R30s which are very similar and they sounded pretty decent, just a bit weak on bass, but no worse than other speakers for the price or double it. They get my thumbs up.

Hmmm... maybe I'll wait for the R30's to go on sale again, it looks like they have bigger drivers in them than the R300's.

Hmmm... maybe I'll wait for the R30's to go on sale again, it looks like they have bigger drivers in them than the R300's.

Can you even find the R30's anymore, since they were replaced by the R300s?

Sigh. I live in the same state as the warehouse where these would ship from if they were on sale online, but no retail store to be seen. Bummer, otherwise I would have bought another couple of pairs.

specs said:
Recommended Amplifier Power 20 -150 w/channel
That's more power than the front channels of my receiver go and I can't even turn it up past 1/3 without it being too loud. :p

Yeah, I have the older r30's and they do decent on the bass, if you stretch the definition of the word. But yes, get a subwoofer if you're going to be using these for pretty much anything of substance.

These are great for the price. I got 4 of them a few months ago for $99 a pair. Very happy with them and the c1 center.

Back