PM Pop Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsuehpsyde

Supreme [H]ardness
Is there any reason this doesn't work?

If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

There's a check box to enable/disable this, and it used to work once upon a time, but it no longer works. :( I really find it helpful for seeing when I get PMs. And if it was removed for some reason, well, you can simply uncheck it...

I just got a pop-up stating I had 14 new PMs... I have no PMs and the latest PM was from about a month ago. . .

Not sure wth happened. lol

You can turn it off if you don't like it. Check options in your CP.

Log out and log back in to get it synced.

The popup message appeared for me and went and opened it... there was nothing there...

Same thing for me just now. It popped up showing I had a new private message but there was no name for the sender or message subject. Check PM box but it's empty.

It said I got a new PM, but it was one I had already opened a long time ago. I'm guessing its still system maintenance stuff?

Same here, I got a new PM notification but it wouldn't let me open it and there is nothing in my in box. If it matters I'm running Firefox 3.5.7.

I got the same popup saying I got a new pm but it was just an old one.

I got all excited thinking I won one of those Box Office media extenders... of all the days to be throwing out false pop ups. :)

Had exactly the same issue a few minutes ago, got a popup and was thinking i actually won something, private message notification box popped up, clicked on it, and nothing. Checked my inbox and nothing there either. :\

Best I can guess is something was waiting to send the notification, and by disabling it, it was queued up but suppressed. Now that it's enabled, it just came flying out to the front, and one click later, it was supressed/marked as popped up. FWIW, I had it happen, but I have had no erroneous pop ups since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back