Pluto Wants To Become Like The Discord Of VR

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
Until now VR didn't have a Discord-like social app to converse with friends. Pluto is looking to change that and is available now in Steam Early Access. Pluto runs as a background app alongside SteamVR. After you create an avatar, friends can start a call with you, if you toggle on your Pluto avatar,, friends will see your head tracked face and hands moving around, mimicking your actions in game, but superimposed into their environment.

Anything that can increase the social aspect of VR will inevitably lead to more widespread VR adoption. Even though single player FPS are my personal favorite games, BSing with friends while you're playing even different games is one of the most enjoyable aspects of gaming to me. You can get Pluto on Steam here, for free.

Luckily it really, really works well. A well-known blemish on the report card of VR right now is that it’s an inherently isolating experience unless you’re in a dedicated social VR app like VRChat, Rec Room, or even Bigscreen. Now with Pluto, anything can be social.

Totally dumb idea. Who wants floating hands and heads in your game? LOL.

Guess I am out of the loop on this one. I thought Pluto was either Pluto-rock.jpg or Pluto2.jpg and Discord was herDiscord.jpg

can see the potential, however how many people have a large group of personal friends with VR? I'd rather have a way to check and reply to text messages in VR TBH

Isn't Pluto a Planet... oh wait... that's right... it's a discord planet now!! :)
No, it's a dog...a cartoon dog.

As to this, no thanks, I'd rather socialize with my dogs, they don't talk back and believe everything I tell them.

can see the potential, however how many people have a large group of personal friends with VR? I'd rather have a way to check and reply to text messages in VR TBH

I'd rather not check and reply to text messages at all.

Back