Plugin that supports Temporary Cookies Firefox

nilepez

[H]F Junkie
Using the old Firefox (and later Waterfox), I used "Cookie Monster." I liked this, because I could block all cookies (in FF) and then white list them or just give a page temporary permission to set a cookie (which went away when I removed it or when the browser restarted it.

EX: I go to ESPN.com. I say I want to allow a cookie, but only till i restart (or delete it). I close the browser, and then restart it and ESPN cannot set a cookie.
I'm trying to find a cookie manager with that capability, but havne't found one so far. It also appears that FF no longers cookies to be set if you choose to block them all.
I"m currently trying Cookiebro, which has ways to block all cookies that aren't white listed, but AFAICT it has no way to give a site temporary permission.
Is there any that will work with G3.0.2 (64-bit) (based on Gecko 78.6) or Firefox 84

I'm also looking for a tab manager that works like the old Session Manager. There's a tab Session Manager, unlike the older version, if I close a tab, there's no way to reopen it (without opening a tab and going to that page manually). It's not bad, but I found that feature useful

Is this under Windows or Linux?

Because KDE Neon supports this functionality at OS level out of the box:

S0fLd2m.png

I largely don't want to accept any cookies unless I've whitelisted them. The autodelete is if I temporarily accept them, but for most sites, I never want to accept them in the first place. Containers are nice, but I essentially did that years ago when I quit running FB in Firefox/waterfox. I put it in edge and that's virtually all I use Edge for.

It sounds like there's no longer anything that does what cookie monster did (and perhaps that's because of changes to FF after v59 (or whichever version made most old addons stop working).

I largely don't want to accept any cookies unless I've whitelisted them. The autodelete is if I temporarily accept them, but for most sites, I never want to accept them in the first place. Containers are nice, but I essentially did that years ago when I quit running FB in Firefox/waterfox. I put it in edge and that's virtually all I use Edge for.

It sounds like there's no longer anything that does what cookie monster did (and perhaps that's because of changes to FF after v59 (or whichever version made most old addons stop working).
What makes you so paranoid towards cookies? For example Facebook uses way more advanced techniques for tracking.

Reactions: Farva
like this
I agree with B00nie - FB is really bad but I've been using the FireFox addon "facebook container". It will stop FB from tracking you all over the web.

I have given up on a single browser for privacy and function. I use Firefox for privacy, block everything, and Edge for anything I need to stay logged into etc...Sucks, but they no longer give us control over FF we once had.

What makes you so paranoid towards cookies? For example Facebook uses way more advanced techniques for tracking.
has nothing to do with FB, which is used in a completely separate browser. I simply prefer temporary cookies, just like I prefer using temporary permission for most javascript in noscript. For now, I'm down to cookiebro, but I'm looking at Forget Me Not, which may accomplish what I want, albeith with far more work than the old cookie monster worked. TBH, a lot of the new addons are less user friendly, if not less functional.

has nothing to do with FB, which is used in a completely separate browser. I simply prefer temporary cookies, just like I prefer using temporary permission for most javascript in noscript. For now, I'm down to cookiebro, but I'm looking at Forget Me Not, which may accomplish what I want, albeith with far more work than the old cookie monster worked. TBH, a lot of the new addons are less user friendly, if not less functional.
If you're using Windows, you should remove your main threat vector first. Windows itself.

Back