• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please reco a HDD cooler????

Cork1

n00b
Joined
Mar 2, 2007
Messages
59
Hey ya'll,

I'm running a single Samsung 750g/7200rpm/ 32mb cache drive. It's blazing ass fast for a single drive and it can get blazing ass hot.

All these years and I'm never really needed any HDD cooling other then fans. I need help picking out a cooler as thing things needs to chill out.

Peace:D
 
I've never needed more than a fan to cool my drives, even on the hottest summer day.

Assuming your case airflow is adequate, if its getting too hot with a fan blowing on it, you should return it as faulty as magnetic data retention is inversely proportional to temperature.
ie as temp rises the magnetic data loses its field strength faster
This is when bad sectors start appearing which then spread.
 
I've never needed more than a fan to cool my drives, even on the hottest summer day.

Assuming your case airflow is adequate, if its getting too hot with a fan blowing on it, you should return it as faulty as magnetic data retention is inversely proportional to temperature.
ie as temp rises the magnetic data loses its field strength faster
This is when bad sectors start appearing which then spread.

Hey bro....Thanks for chimming in.

It's not running hot ouf of specs(def. not defective). It's just a warm drive and I'd like to cool it down as much as possible(without water cooling). Heat kills as we all know.
 
What case do you have ?


The reason I ask is that it would likely be better and maybe cheaper to pull the front plastic cover off the front of the case and with Tin snips, dremel, hammer and chisel :eek:, whatever, cut out the restrictive stamped in fan grill and/or replace the front lower intake fan with a slightly more powerful one and then just mount the drive right in front of it. Whole system gets better cooling and HD very happy. I have been known to open up and/or drill/cut additional vents in the front panel to let that front fan breath better too.
 
What case do you have ?


The reason I ask is that it would likely be better and maybe cheaper to pull the front plastic cover off the front of the case and with Tin snips, dremel, hammer and chisel :eek:, whatever, cut out the restrictive stamped in fan grill and/or replace the front lower intake fan with a slightly more powerful one and then just mount the drive right in front of it. Whole system gets better cooling and HD very happy. I have been known to open up and/or drill/cut additional vents in the front panel to let that front fan breath better too.


TT Soprano Rs bro!:D
 
Back
Top