We just built my brothers computer (specs below) tried installing XP pro but got an error half way through so we rebooted and installed xp pro again with success,after the installation and after we installed the drivers the computer rebooted this time showing two operating systems to boot off of so we picked the first one and windows came up normally and every thing was fine so we turned the computer off for the night.
The next day we turn the computer on and have the same option, two operating systems to boot off so (like before)we picked the first one but this time we get a black screen so we try the second one but get the same black screen.We tried safe mode,last know configuration but nothing worked so we decided to try and install XP again.
After installing XP successfully for a third time I formatted the other hard drives in disk management in the control panel.
300Gb western digital formatted and installed XP on this every time.
1000Gb Sea Gate formatted with disk management
500Gb Maxtor formatted with disk management.
I thought everything would be good now but again after rebooting the Computer it gave me the same option of two XP operating systems to boot off of
...so I pick the first one and windows came up normally,so I decided to reboot the computer and try it again but this time it wouldn't let me it gave me the same black screen as before for either OS I choose.
Sorry for the long post but I can't figure out what's wrong.
Brothers Computer
Q6600
Asrock motherboard
8Gb's of ram
300Gb WD hard Drive
500Maxtor hard drive
1Tb Seagate hard drive
saphire 3850 Video card
The next day we turn the computer on and have the same option, two operating systems to boot off so (like before)we picked the first one but this time we get a black screen so we try the second one but get the same black screen.We tried safe mode,last know configuration but nothing worked so we decided to try and install XP again.
After installing XP successfully for a third time I formatted the other hard drives in disk management in the control panel.
300Gb western digital formatted and installed XP on this every time.
1000Gb Sea Gate formatted with disk management
500Gb Maxtor formatted with disk management.
I thought everything would be good now but again after rebooting the Computer it gave me the same option of two XP operating systems to boot off of
Sorry for the long post but I can't figure out what's wrong.
Brothers Computer
Q6600
Asrock motherboard
8Gb's of ram
300Gb WD hard Drive
500Maxtor hard drive
1Tb Seagate hard drive
saphire 3850 Video card