Please help me identify this case/part... (old school [H], big pics)

needles

n00b
Folks,

I have this fairly old ATX chassis here I wish to put back into service after several years of non-use. It's very large, and I need this space for my 8800GTX cards coming in as well as the water-cooling I am about to try out.

As you will see in the big pic below, it's old school [H] from 1999. Abit BP6 motherboard, dual Celeron 366@550, 120cm fans. I bought the chassis off of Kyle's review, IIRC. It's a tank of a case and I'd love to keep using it.

I *believe* it's an old Lian-Li, and for some reason the model number strikes me as being something like ??-030 or ??-040...

That being said, I need to find some screwless 5.25-inch bay rails -- you know, the kind of things you attach to a bay device (CD-ROM), so they simply slide into the chassis and "click" into place.

Here is a photo of the rails I need:

whatarethese.jpg

This case has been in the garage since 2002, but there's no reason I can't clean it up, stick a radiator, a pump, and all-new guts (including a new power supply, yes) and make it modern once more. Since chassis that can hold dual 8800GTX's are scarce (and expensive), this makes the most sense for me.

If anyone can help -- please do! I need some more of these rails for the new parts this chassis is to receive.

Inside:

bigtower.jpg

Front:

bigtower2.jpg

Thanks in advance, folks!

Bit off topic sorry.

You wouldn't happen to know anyone still selling that case would you? I used it a few years ago and just loved it, but I haven't found anyone with it for a good while now.

I doubt thats a Lian-Li.

Its Front Bezel really isn't the Typical Lian-Li design, and I have never seen Lian-Li produce a single chasis that doesn't use Aluminum.

I doubt thats a Lian-Li.

Its Front Bezel really isn't the Typical Lian-Li design, and I have never seen Lian-Li produce a single chasis that doesn't use Aluminum.
That's because it's not a Lian Li, it's Lite-On.

Found it!

One of the other posters was correct -- it was a Lite-On case, not Lian-Li. The model number was FS020.

I was very close, but couldn't quite get it right. :)

Still looking for the drive/bay rails though... :(

Getting ahold of rails after the fact is such a pain. I've been recently trying to find some coolermaster centurion rails with no luck (coolermaster said they'd mail some and asked for an address but that was several months ago). I have always had good luck with Antec sending rails, screw kits, etc. after the fact, normally for no cost (i've always offered to pay). It's been my experience that all rails are just different enough that they don't interoperate.

I did get rails from outsideloop when I had this case. I don't think they would have any left this long after the case is out of production, but it's worth making a couple of phone calls.

Good luck getting what you need.

looks like I've got 1 extra set.....had this case since '99; it's been on air, water, and air again; also posted to the old VH case gallery years ago.

Needles, if you decide you might want to sell it let me know. I'd like another FS-020 or a Chenbo Genie to work on.

make that 2 sets, just found the second in my shop....

Back