...please help me decide!

The Saint

Gawd
Hi guys...

need some suggestions; I'm finally moving in my apartment I just bought and I am undecided if I should go for DSL or Cable (i'm in Coral Gables, Miami)

I will certainly sign up for a VoIP, maybe AT&T CallVantage, and would like to have a 6Mbit connection....

The building is rigged with a T1 line....

so, would you go with DSL or Cable...and which VoIP...?

Thanks

Emanuele

VoIP blows unless your provider has QoS to make sure a large download/upload doesnt interfere with your phone calls. Just be sure whoever serves your internet connection is also your VoIP provider....

$0.02 on VoIP service.

To have DSL, youd still have to have a regular phone line, so youd be paying DSL, Phone and VOIP charges.

with cable, youd pay cable and VOIP charges. (unless you can get DSL without phone service)

well, I have cable and its fine. Nothing secial.
DSL here sucks (Denton, Texas)

As far as VOIP, I have SunRocket and I like it. only problem I have with it is that if I am uploading the outbound signal gets trashed. But since I don't have a managable router or switch with rate limiting, I just pause the upload and it fine.

They have a 30day money back guarentee and calling to anywhere in the US and Canada. $25/mo. or you can go yearly for $199. They also have a limited plan for $10/mo

You get 2 lines and I have read that one can be set up as a fax line (can't test since I have no fax). You can have both numbers use the same area code or 2 differnt ones. 1 for where you live and 1 where parents live so they can call with no long distance charge.

sunrocket.com

dbwillis said:
with cable, youd pay cable and VOIP charges. (unless you can get DSL without phone service)

speakeasy offers that, but it costs more.

Thanks guys...
Unfortunately I just hunged up with Speakeasy and they dont' have any options for me! :(

Anybody know anything about AT&T CallVantage?

Back