Please help me change dedicated video memory on netbook

Joaopps

n00b
Joined
Aug 19, 2012
Messages
35
Hi! :)

I was recently given an old asus netbook (eee pc 1015bx), it has a dual core C-60 1.0GHz APU, and 1Gb ram.

I crammed an ssd and the thing is actually snappy! So for a given computer I'm quite happy with it :)

The only problem is that the ram can't be upgraded, and the integrated card uses 256mb of the 1gb available, leaving me with only 750Mb (!). Windows even states "1Gb installed RAM, 750Mb available".

Is there any way to change this value to a lower one? I would really be useful to squeeze every byte of that 1Gb installed ;)

There isn't an option in the bios to change the shared video memory... :(

Any ideias on how to solve this will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!! :)
 
Yeah no SO-DIMM slot, ouch.

The BIOS is how you change that setting so if it isn't there...

Your only hope would be if a newer BIOS added such a feature but you're probably out of luck.
 
The thing even has a cover underneath with the ram symbol, but when I opened it got quite the disappointment as the ram is soldered and there's no slot :(

As for the newer bios, it already has the most recent one.

How can they think that it's a good ideia to sell a laptop with 1gb ram and assign 1/4 of that to video?! :(
 
How can they think that it's a good ideia to sell a laptop with 1gb ram and assign 1/4 of that to video?! :(
Because it's a way for them to get you to spend more money on a faster laptop/netbook/tablet/other mobile device.
 
I wonder if you were good with a soldering iron and had a 2GB module...
 
I could try! But the result will be similar to just using a hammer to nail the chip to the mother board :D
 
Back
Top