PLEASE HELP - I DONT WANNA LOSE FILES

GnADesign

n00b
Ok...Im having some weird issues here. On one of my storage drives.....Somethings going on with my folders....One SOME of them...not all of them, when I go to access them, it says " Disk in drive F is formatted, do you want to format it now?" Im not sure whats going on here......Considering drive F is not a CD or anything...its a HD......

I havent had the guts to hit yes on the format, I cant risk losing all the files on that drive, as well as the ones inside the folders thats giving me this BS. Ive tgried Fix it utilities....but that hasn't done anything for me. Just from talking around....It sounds like I may have some Index problems. I learned that if you turn your computer off with those folders open, it can curropt the index. We have had a number of power outages here..so that may be the cause....

PLEASE HELP...ANYONE WHO CAN SHINE SOME LIGHT ON THE SUBJECT!!!

THANK YOU

Jacob

Sorry I cannot help you with your problem. However, twice I was using the computer, with many folders and applications running and I lost power. However, your problem never happened to me (knock on wood*)

Im Using Windows XP.....with NTFS and all that Jazz....Ive tried scan disk....Fix it utilities...even reseating all the plugs.......nothing worked......And Now...I was backing up files....moving them from one HD to another....It kept giving me these " Cylindrical redundancy check" kind of errors.......

Any ideas?

Jacob

Good program that worked for me was SpinRite, I dunno what version it is at now. Check www.grc.com. I had a drive start to go down with all of my school stuff on it. Saved it all, gave me time enough to get a new drive.

Lookin for a place to get Spinrite at the moment......I'll let you know if it works for me......

i'm in a similar situation, how long does Spinrite typically take? it's estimating 534 hrs

i guess that's Spinrite's way of telling me, you're f*ck3d

you can try GetDataBack for NTFS from runtime.org, helped me several times

Back