• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Please help diagnose - new build won't POST

JaredMD

n00b
Joined
Dec 9, 2010
Messages
6
I checked out the bench test diag guide http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1033078594&postcount=3

I'm using a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 and 2500k

The power supply works TX650 V2 (I tested it w/o mobo via http://www.overclock.net/faqs/96712-how-jump-start-power-supply-psu.html).

I have the mobo speaker pugged into the header but get no beep codes. Once I power on, I get a half second flash of lights and spin of CPU fan, and then everything turns off. I believe this is a short, but since it's my second mobo and via a bench test I don't know what's causing it. Also, neither RAM stick work in any slot and I still get no beeps without any RAM.

Thanks for any help or guidance you can provide.
 
Have you tried a different set of RAM? What about PSU? Reseat the CPU?
 
Check the cmos clear jumper and make sure it is in the right position + try resetting it.

Re-seat the ram

Try with one stick of ram in the first slot

Reseat the PSU

If all that fails,take it out of the case and try running it on a sheet of cartboard.
 
Back
Top