Please for the love of god.....can i go back

Status
Not open for further replies.
No edit button?

Middle bottom.

I switched from the dark view to the light view, and it helped some. I really liked the old dark view, but I just can't get past the new font size and spacing. With the light view it's better, but still not great.

I like the new look...it's not too different from the old...it just looks more crisp and clean with better lines...the fonts are also bigger...will take some getting used to after all the years of the old version but it's an improvement

agree it's a bit too different.. also not a fan of the quoting system.. and maybe it's just me but i feel the "report" button is either too big or stands out way to much, scrolling through threads all i see is this big report button..

agree it's a bit too different.. also i don't like that i can't see the actual post i'm quoting in the quick reply. and maybe it's just me but i feel the "report" button is either to big or stands out way to much, scrolling through threads all i see is the big report button..

reply works but not multi quote in quick reply. You need to go advance to see multi wuote.

Also the report button should be on the right and the edit/reply/quote should be where the report is in my book.

The quote button is the new multi quote button, for a single quote you just hit reply. I figured that out in about 5 seconds, not that hard.

My main issues are the word spacing and the dead space in the middle that makes me look at the edges of my screen.

Middle bottom.

I switched from the dark view to the light view, and it helped some. I really liked the old dark view, but I just can't get past the new font size and spacing. With the light view it's better, but still not great.

Not seeing it on a mobile device to edit a post. I see like, quote and reply. Edit is a must for posts, glad it will be fixed

My suggestion to those having a hard time reading, switch to the light view it really helps. It's not great, but did help me a lot. Shame though, I liked the dark better.

Not seeing it on a mobile device to edit a post. I see like, quote and reply. Edit is a must for posts, glad it will be fixed

It would help me greatly if you would post a screenshot of what exactly you are seeing. You can post images directly to our forums now.

The edit button will show currently if you turn your phone to portrait.

Dude its the triple bar thing beside the quote button. Tap it and it gives you edit delete and report options.

you sure you're looking at your own post?...like, quote and reply are the options for posts other then your own...edit, delete and report are on the left side...although why there's a 'Report' button on my own post doesn't really make sense as I'm probably not going to report my own post :D

It's here, the triple bar thing

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-16-06-15-51.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-06-15-51.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 14
I'm very pleased Hardforum has switched to Xenforo. There's one small issue: Chrome would not initially connect without a forced refresh. It might be worth a note on HardOCP site.

I have to go to bed for a while. Been up for 28 hours or so. I am not ignoring you, just sleeping for a bit.

so the main HardOCP page is still showing the old layout...any way to link directly to that page from the forums?

so the main HardOCP page is still showing the old layout...any way to link directly to that page from the forums?

I thought only Forum was revamped...

on the other hand, is there a way to log-out from mobile site? I really haven't found a way yet..

on the other hand, is there a way to log-out from mobile site? I really haven't found a way yet..
You have to go into your user profile and scroll down.....yeah, not the best design....

Go to alerts, and the black bar that says ''Your Accounts'', tap on the triple bar beside it and log out is at the bottom.

Here's screen shots from my phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-16-06-30-14.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-06-30-14.png
    255.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_2016-02-16-06-29-52.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-06-29-52.png
    254.8 KB · Views: 15
What kind of phone do you have? My galaxy S5 has the triple bar thing as you can see in my screenshots.

reply works but not multi quote in quick reply. You need to go advance to see multi wuote.

Also the report button should be on the right and the edit/reply/quote should be where the report is in my book.

guess that makes more sense using the reply, i'm just so use to hitting the quote button, lol. after 8 years of the same thing change sucks. :p

also agree on the buttons as well.

also on some older phones if the have the multiple buttons besides home and back, the menu button (usually far left) brings up the option to log out on some forums views on mobile devices. for who ever was asking about how to log out. my phones a piece of junk and only good for playing clash of clans so i can't test it myself..

Last edited:
gotcha 87dtna and Kyle, thanks.

I agree kinda weird the process but everything else is fine.

Was just thinking yesterday, it's great how after so many places change their forum type/look over the years, [H] has stood the test of time..

Got quite a shock today to see this.

If it ain't broke... loved the old layout but some of the new functionality is useful..

can we have the old looks with new functions!?

What kind of phone do you have? My galaxy S5 has the triple bar thing as you can see in my screenshots.

I have a s4 and in the mobile version the EDIT doesn't appear.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-16-07-10-48.png
    Screenshot_2016-02-16-07-10-48.png
    205.4 KB · Views: 16
It's here, the triple bar thing

Thanks, its there but really hard to see using the dark theme. I may have to go to the light version on the mobile just to see the edit button.

That should be a different color on the dark theme. Man that is a bugger

I have a s4 and in the mobile version the EDIT doesn't appear.

It's there! Just really hard to see. Look close. It's directly beside how long ago you posted.

If you switch to the light view it's easy to see.

WOW I see all my sent messages , it's over 196 pages which means 196 x 20 = 3920 messages.
I really love the Inbox upgrade but it would be helpful if there was a search function.
Inbox space has gone from 600 to infinity which is heck awesome.
Thanks for good work, more love for [H].

speaking of PM's...so you can no longer view 'Sent Messages' as a separate view?...it's now all lumped together as 1 giant 'conversation'?

It's there! Just really hard to see. Look close. It's directly beside how long ago you posted.

If you switch to the light view it's easy to see.

Oh boy I had to increase the brightness to max to be able to perceive it hahaha, I'm white theme it's good really noticeable it helped me to find where was located, now back to black theme, even if I can't see it now I know where the button is.

speaking of PM's...so you can no longer view 'Sent Messages' as a separate view?...it's now all lumped together as 1 giant 'conversation'?

Great option and huge upgrade over last PM system. As you always have a record of what you receive/send in single view. Instead of jump from inbox to sent.

The design is atrocious for widescreen monitors, and I'm only on 16:9. I shudder to think about how the site looks on 21:9 monitors.

While some aspects of the functionality are improved ... to be quite honest the look is very much "fisher-Price my first internet forum".

90% helps a lot, many other forums I read use this software so it is very familiar to me. I dig it.

Looks ok I'm sure it will look better on High Rez monitors glad you finally got rid of that Logo done with 3-D logo maker.
What made the old theme good was the dividing lines grey scale dividing lines.

Digging the new forum/features. Was expecting to see a lot of backlash, but thats every site ever when it happens, after a few weeks its back to business as usual.

i like the look but i wish there was less empty space.

This.

It's terrible. I ahve to scroll in tons of forums to see new tpoics / live topics, the damn pinned or sub forums take over now I have to scroll scroll scroll not to mention scrolling a shit load in threads to read vs reading a lot per-page :(

Def. won't be here as much. Only a couple forums left still using the old/condensed VB layout :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back