Hey all - looking at purchasing a "quality" display.
22+ inches; 1920 resolution (1080 vs 1200 doesn't matter).
This display would be 99% for gaming.
I typically go and find the most screen real estate at the lowest price with 'acceptable' specifications.
Before, I'd just look at response time and contrast ratio. I never really paid attention to panel type or refresh rate.
I'm currently using a 28" Hanns-G which is great for it's size but I know it's lacking in color representation among other things.
Kinda wish [H] had an FAQ sticky for LCD's but then again if you're [H], you prolly don't need no stinkin FAQ.
Anyways, my main questions are -
Panel type - what to get and why?
Refresh Rate - why is it important? 60Hz is the standard correct? What does 120Hz do that is advantageous? What are the downsides? How does it relate to response time?
Any other notables that I should be aware of during my search?
22+ inches; 1920 resolution (1080 vs 1200 doesn't matter).
This display would be 99% for gaming.
I typically go and find the most screen real estate at the lowest price with 'acceptable' specifications.
Before, I'd just look at response time and contrast ratio. I never really paid attention to panel type or refresh rate.
I'm currently using a 28" Hanns-G which is great for it's size but I know it's lacking in color representation among other things.
Kinda wish [H] had an FAQ sticky for LCD's but then again if you're [H], you prolly don't need no stinkin FAQ.
Anyways, my main questions are -
Panel type - what to get and why?
Refresh Rate - why is it important? 60Hz is the standard correct? What does 120Hz do that is advantageous? What are the downsides? How does it relate to response time?
Any other notables that I should be aware of during my search?