playwares review of lg 29ea93 - 29" 21:9 2560x1080 ips monitor

Over 2 frames of input lag, more than 10-15ms of response time, no portrait mode. Gamers should look elsewhere.

For the cost I could buy a 30 inch Crossover off Ebay for $699 and the input latency kinda kills it for any gaming. I guess if you are a movie buff or you just want a multi-monitor type setup but with no seems this could also be attractive but at $989 on Amazon .. over priced.

For the cost I could buy a 30 inch Crossover off Ebay for $699 and the input latency kinda kills it for any gaming. I guess if you are a movie buff or you just want a multi-monitor type setup but with no seems this could also be attractive but at $989 on Amazon .. over priced.
It's supposed to be only $699.99.

The Dell U2913WM, which uses the same LG panel, is also $699.99. The Dell seems to be the better buy as it has a 25 ms input lag (10 less than LG's 29EA93), comes factory color calibrated, and has better warranty. You can find Dell selling the U2913WM at $620 after typical Dell discount.

Has some of the lowest input lag for an IPS. As low as the ZR2740w. So totally usable for gaming.

I'm interested in it myself but it isn't available in the US from any reputable sources yet.

Back