PlayStation Classic Has Already Drastically Dropped in Price Following Middling Sales

There are some all-time great games on there like FF7, Tekken 3, MGS, and Twisted Metal.
However, generally speaking, I feel like the first half of that era didn't age well. Devs were just starting to work in 3D on consoles and the visuals + controls left a lot to be desired. Many of those games have modern sequels that essentially do the same things way better. It's hard not to notice how ugly and rudimentary a lot of those old games are by comparison.
They aren't simplistically amazing like the 8 and 16 bit classics, they're just (mostly) ugly and clumsy precursors to what we play today.
That and Sony doesn't have the nostalgia power that Nintendo has.

Well the sales numbers really, really stand in the face of your n=1 example.

I'm positive that I could find more if I tried but the fact I found 1 without even actively looking really stands in the face of your recent false claim.

Nah, if that were true then Nintendo never would have delisted The Donkey Kong Country trilogy from the Wii right when Microsoft bought Rare.
Shit, that’s some truth right there. I forgot that they did that game.

Rare did everything.

Nah, if that were true then Nintendo never would have delisted The Donkey Kong Country trilogy from the Wii right when Microsoft bought Rare.

MS bought Rare in 2002, the Wii wasn't even released until 2006.

Back