PlayStation 4 Ditching The Cell Processor For AMD

Because playing with a controller from your couch with a 52 inch LCD tv is a much more enjoyable experience than sitting upright at a desk with a keyboard and mouse. I don't care how much more accurate the KB/M is people do not enjoy using it. This is the number one thing that stops this from happening...it is how its implemented, not the actual hardware. Obviously you can't tell people to play with a controller on PC because they will get owned and it will not be fun....

Steam has made the frustrations of PC gaming go away, it is simple shop, buy, download...gets the indie devs out there, and handles the updating. Very rarely do i see people having major problems with hardware compatibility....

However...

Having to be at a desk using a KB/M is what is holding PC gaming back, it has nothing to do with power....but most on here can't see that.
That's because most on here know that you can plug a Xbox 360 or PS3 controller into a PC. Making your point irrelevant.

Yea Larrabe or Knights Ferry or any similar derivative of that Intel project will never see the inside of a console. That will almost certainly be true of a PC desktop for gaming too. Intel is aiming for HPC use and maybe render farms to take market share away from nV's Tesla line so the dies are huge, hot, and expensive. Price range will probably be on par with mid range Xeons at a minimum.

For graphics processing they're also going to be significantly slower than a contemporary desktop GPGPU.

That's because most on here know that you can plug a Xbox 360 or PS3 controller into a PC. Making your point irrelevant.

You obviously can't read or you wouldn't have posted this...thanks for showing your ignorance.

From my post...

Obviously you can't tell people to play with a controller on PC because they will get owned and it will not be fun....

Pay attention next time... kthxbai

Yea Larrabe or Knights Ferry or any similar derivative of that Intel project will never see the inside of a console. That will almost certainly be true of a PC desktop for gaming too. Intel is aiming for HPC use and maybe render farms to take market share away from nV's Tesla line so the dies are huge, hot, and expensive. Price range will probably be on par with mid range Xeons at a minimum.

For graphics processing they're also going to be significantly slower than a contemporary desktop GPGPU.

Besides, I think everyone learned from MS to NOT lic from Intel and nVidia. Well, Sony learned up close about nVidia, later.

Back