PlayerUnknown Leaves PUBG Development Team

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by AlphaAtlas, Mar 13, 2019.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

On Twitter, Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene announced that he's leaving the the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds development team to head up a new division of PUBG corp called "PUBG Special Projects." While he will still be a "creative consultant" for PubG's development, Brendan Green says he's moving to Amsterdam to focus on research and game development. Just what the new division will work on isn't clear, but he says they're tasked with "exploring, experimenting, and creating new technologies, tools, pipelines, and gameplay..."

But for me, it's more than just that. Together with a team of game developers and researchers, we will explore the possibilities of interaction and connection within the game space.

2. Darunion

Darunion 2[H]4U

Is that even a real job? My apologies if anyone here has such a job, i am just ignorant and trolling.

3. TheHig

TheHig Limp Gawd

“Exploring and experimenting “ in Amsterdam..

Sounds like game development to me!:D

Dextano, Bcc335, KazeoHin and 9 others like this.
  4. bugleyman

bugleyman [H]ard|Gawd

When you have more money than you know what to do with...

Armenius likes this.
  5. Armenius

Armenius I Drive Myself to the [H]ospital

He's probably butthurt that everyone is now doing his unoriginal gameplay concept better than he was ever able to. Wouldn't be surprised if he's contemplated suicide over the success of Apex Legends.

6. oROEchimaru

oROEchimaru [H]ardness Supreme

I'm going to guess he is getting baked AF since you could live somewhere for 10% of the cost and have developers at 1/2 the cost due to the insane costs of living there.

N4CR likes this.
  7. Nauseous

Nauseous Gawd

what i get out of this the road map for pubg is dead and everyone is moving on to the next thing in life.

HeadRusch and TitaniumLizzard like this.
  8. bigddybn

bigddybn [H]ardness Supreme

If I had that cash I'd be out the door too. So would anyone talking crap in this thread.

ChoGGi, Unter Dog, TheHig and 3 others like this.
  9. ir0nw0lf

ir0nw0lf [H]ardness Supreme

This mean we can stop calling him "PlayerUnknown"? :p

10. Furious_Styles

Furious_Styles [H]ard|Gawd

He got the formula right but good lord if he was in charge of the team was that a total failure. Having to launch a PR campaign to fix your own game is pretty sad.

11. seanreisk

seanreisk Gawd

2021: PUBG Corp. announces their newest title, "PlayerUnknown's Transvestites, Beer, and Hashish Enemas." Het is zo romig!

Flexion and Armenius like this.
  12. SecretStash

SecretStash Limp Gawd

Getting payed too experiment sounds like a great job! Leave the dull and monotonous grunt work of fixing problems and making things work to the peons.

13. capnstabn

capnstabn Limp Gawd

Doing research on a game where you see how much substance induced unprotected sex you can have before you die. New title to be called STD Legends.

Flexion, seanreisk and Armenius like this.
  14. seanreisk

seanreisk Gawd

Flexion likes this.
  15. Flexion

Flexion [H]ard|Gawd

All these NSFW research comments.. you filthy bastards.. ever consider that he simply likes flowers? SMH... XD

16. TonyZ

TonyZ Limp Gawd

Whatever, PUBG == CRAP... All this MP only battle royale shit just needs to die like crypto currency mining has.

17. Nausicaa

Nausicaa [H]Lite

Why? Why do you hate it?

GoldenTiger likes this.
  18. earnolmartin

earnolmartin Limp Gawd

Which they still didn't fix. Still too much desync. Too bad because if that could be fixed, it would be the best game ever.

I think they just released new skins and fixed easy hanging fruit bugs. It's fixed. lmfao

19. Flogger23m

Flogger23m [H]ardForum Junkie

He likely made a lot of money from it. The smart thing to do is make another game. He likely doesn't need a massive success and can take some time making a well crafted, optimized game this go around with the money they made.

20. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

21. Nausicaa

Nausicaa [H]Lite

Agree, remember when Tom made that guy delete his twitter he was so BTFO?

22. Shmee

Shmee [H]ard|Gawd

This makes sense. Ever since Fortnite came out, PUBG has been slowly dwindling players. I know there are usually a few hundred thousand people playing it at any given time, but still, it is time to try and find something else to do. If not, he lived the dream. He got paid a pile of cash to make the game he wanted to make. Even if he is a one hit wonder, that is quite the accomplishment.