PlayerUnknown Leaves PUBG Development Team

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
On Twitter, Brendan "PlayerUnknown" Greene announced that he's leaving the the PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds development team to head up a new division of PUBG corp called "PUBG Special Projects." While he will still be a "creative consultant" for PubG's development, Brendan Green says he's moving to Amsterdam to focus on research and game development. Just what the new division will work on isn't clear, but he says they're tasked with "exploring, experimenting, and creating new technologies, tools, pipelines, and gameplay..."

But for me, it's more than just that. Together with a team of game developers and researchers, we will explore the possibilities of interaction and connection within the game space.

Is that even a real job? My apologies if anyone here has such a job, i am just ignorant and trolling.

He's probably butthurt that everyone is now doing his unoriginal gameplay concept better than he was ever able to. Wouldn't be surprised if he's contemplated suicide over the success of Apex Legends.

I'm going to guess he is getting baked AF since you could live somewhere for 10% of the cost and have developers at 1/2 the cost due to the insane costs of living there.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
He got the formula right but good lord if he was in charge of the team was that a total failure. Having to launch a PR campaign to fix your own game is pretty sad.

Getting payed too experiment sounds like a great job! Leave the dull and monotonous grunt work of fixing problems and making things work to the peons.

All these NSFW research comments.. you filthy bastards.. ever consider that he simply likes flowers? SMH... XD

Whatever, PUBG == CRAP... All this MP only battle royale shit just needs to die like crypto currency mining has.

He got the formula right but good lord if he was in charge of the team was that a total failure. Having to launch a PR campaign to fix your own game is pretty sad.

Which they still didn't fix. Still too much desync. Too bad because if that could be fixed, it would be the best game ever.

I think they just released new skins and fixed easy hanging fruit bugs. It's fixed. lmfao

He's probably butthurt that everyone is now doing his unoriginal gameplay concept better than he was ever able to. Wouldn't be surprised if he's contemplated suicide over the success of Apex Legends.

He likely made a lot of money from it. The smart thing to do is make another game. He likely doesn't need a massive success and can take some time making a well crafted, optimized game this go around with the money they made.

He likely made a lot of money from it. The smart thing to do is make another game. He likely doesn't need a massive success and can take some time making a well crafted, optimized game this go around with the money they made.
Agree, remember when Tom made that guy delete his twitter he was so BTFO?

This makes sense. Ever since Fortnite came out, PUBG has been slowly dwindling players. I know there are usually a few hundred thousand people playing it at any given time, but still, it is time to try and find something else to do. If not, he lived the dream. He got paid a pile of cash to make the game he wanted to make. Even if he is a one hit wonder, that is quite the accomplishment.

Back