plase help with new headset

sparks

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 19, 2004
Messages
3,206
OK don't laugh but for years I have used plantronics audio 60 headset.
First in team AA BF2...etc I could hear everything, I got good positioning of course that was from an Audigy2zx and later an Xfi but the big thing I could tell what was going on, everyone said the mic sounded as good as a phone and they were LIGHTWEIGHT and comfortable. Play 2-4 hrs and no fatigue at all...Like having nothing on my head. MUCH LESS IN IT LOL

ok they are no longer made, most today are BIG...I MEAN B I G bulky cans that after trying some sins they don't fit, are not comfortable and with glasses on forget it, at least for me.

Should I go ahead and try to find a set of on the ear small lightweight phones like the old plantronics or is that a thing of the past now?

Need Mic and inline volume/mute was a God send.

thanks for any recommendations....links or flames
 
If you just want a relatively inexpensive on-ear headset, the Sennheiser PC-151s are pretty good... I've owned a pair for over two years now and they still work as good as new even though I've mishandled them a bit. They'll probably look bulkier than your old Plantronics at first glance but they're really pretty light and I've got no issues using them for several-hour stretches, they don't interfere at all with my thick-framed Oakley glasses either.

Audio's obviously not as awesome as it would be from a much more expensive pair of cans but it's more than fine for gaming, probably significantly better than that of most inexpensive headsets, including those Plantronics; and it's got an in-line volume/mute control too. I think you'll probably find them cheaper someplace other than Newegg (seen 'em for $30 elsewhere, though I paid like $45 for 'em originally at the egg).

Oh and they go on your ears, not over 'em, despite what the Newegg description might say or whatever... There's a few other versions but the only difference is the inclusion of a USB connection (which bypasses your sound card, mostly useless) or, in the case of the PC161s, the fact that they're open cans.
 
the steelsound v2 are the most comfortable headset i've ever tried. also seem durable with breakaway parts, braided lines, etc. kind of expensive-about 70.00- tho i got them for 30.00 with a rebate :)
 
Back
Top