Planetside 2

Played for the first time again for a few months last night. Was fun. I have a bunch of certs/station cash laying around. My reaver is fairly kitted out already and I prefer to use that. Is there anything worth while spending on at this point? I like being AA when I am on the ground.

If you enjoy vehicles and want AA then the obvious choice is unlocking the Skyguard for the Lightening and unlocking various things to improve the vehicle itself as well.

If you enjoy vehicles and want AA then the obvious choice is unlocking the Skyguard for the Lightening and unlocking various things to improve the vehicle itself as well.

i find a double burster max to be a better aa option, you can hide in buildings, but you are less mobile.

so each have their benefits.

I love the Max, I kitted mine out with dual Bursters, Falcons, and Hacksaws. Swapping between bursters and falcons on top of the Crown works well for me for air and ground support - Love it when a sundy is deployed by the teleporter! and hacksaws are fun for defending generators/CQC

Server merges is good! But what about PING to the server. Will it change if player is moved to another server?

I do not worry though cause I play on Miller and that one is the most populated PS2 server and they definitely are not going to remove it.

I went to play for "just an hour" on Monday, ended up playing for five. Playing with a Platoon with mics makes the game twenty times more enjoyable. Spentthe first 4 hours with Band of Bros (amusingly lead by a women), and then with my own outfit, BRBUninstalling. I might switch to BoB due to size and professionalism (lol, I DEMAND PROFESSIONAL WORK IN MY VIDEO GAME TEAM MATES)

What servers do y'all play on and when? I tried the game once and was stuck with a bunch of loners and nobody with a mic. Everytime I got in an aircraft, the pilot kept running into mountains and getting shot down...wasn't much fun :(. I just wanted to get in a gun battle!

I play on Mattherson where a lot of the big outfits are. I'm in the Enclave, and we play at 7pm which is considered "prime time," when server population tends to peak. If you want to play in a teamwork environment where people use their mics, join an outfit.

If you play TR on Mattherson, I would recommend joining the Enclave. It might be one of, if not the most hated outfit in the whole game, and it's not for politically correct/thin skinned people, but during ops (7pm to 11pm on weekdays) there's hardly a moment where we're NOT in a gun battle. Since everyone hates us, TR gets double teamed on ops nights by VS and NC, so we get good fights almost the whole night. On average, we have about 10 -11 full squads playing. If you want to get an idea of what it's like to play for this outfit, check out the outfit leader's stream during ops hours http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/

If you play VS on Mattherson, consider joining Azure Twilight. They're pretty much the only VS outfit that has the numbers to put up a good fight. As for NC, I don't really know.

Thanks for sharing RoffleCopter. The problem is that I live in Hawaii, so at 7pm EST I am just getting back to work from lunch. And when y'all are done around 11pm EST, I'm just getting home from work.

I'm getting the sense I'm SOL since I'm in a timezone w/o many gamers.

I play on Mattherson where a lot of the big outfits are. I'm in the Enclave, and we play at 7pm which is considered "prime time," when server population tends to peak. If you want to play in a teamwork environment where people use their mics, join an outfit.

If you play TR on Mattherson, I would recommend joining the Enclave. It might be one of, if not the most hated outfit in the whole game, and it's not for politically correct/thin skinned people, but during ops (7pm to 11pm on weekdays) there's hardly a moment where we're NOT in a gun battle. Since everyone hates us, TR gets double teamed on ops nights by VS and NC, so we get good fights almost the whole night. On average, we have about 10 -11 full squads playing. If you want to get an idea of what it's like to play for this outfit, check out the outfit leader's stream during ops hours http://www.twitch.tv/buzzcutpsycho/

If you play VS on Mattherson, consider joining Azure Twilight. They're pretty much the only VS outfit that has the numbers to put up a good fight. As for NC, I don't really know.

Enclave tactics in a nutshell -- "SPAWN AT THE BIOLAB EVERYONE NOW"

I jest. I'm also on Mattherson, NC, Sturmgrenadier (SG)

Soltech, VS.
Only because all other servers had a huge connection queue back on release.
VS seems to own this server at times. It's always a battle for the crown.

SolTech is getting merged into Mattherson, which makes sense, since VS seems to always be underpop compared to the other two.
Also, BuzzcutPsycho has the highest score in the entire game or something...

Has anyone noticed any FPS drops with the latest WHQL Nvidia driver and this game. I just tried to play tonight for the first time in a month and its a disaster.

Granted, I'm using the physx tweak, even if I set it to run on the CPU, I am still getting 20fps or less. Previously I was getting 60-100 in almost every scenario. The game's FPS counter indicates I'm still GPU bound...

I checked my GPU usage and when I alt/tab into the game it uses 99% and I get 60+fps, and then a few seconds later both GPU's bounce around in the 50% range and my FPS drops to ~20fps.

Pretty shitty.

Has anyone noticed any FPS drops with the latest WHQL Nvidia driver and this game. I just tried to play tonight for the first time in a month and its a disaster.

Granted, I'm using the physx tweak, even if I set it to run on the CPU, I am still getting 20fps or less. Previously I was getting 60-100 in almost every scenario. The game's FPS counter indicates I'm still GPU bound...

I checked my GPU usage and when I alt/tab into the game it uses 99% and I get 60+fps, and then a few seconds later both GPU's bounce around in the 50% range and my FPS drops to ~20fps.

Pretty shitty.

My performance has gotten better though I am still CPU bound at basically all times.

I've set my render quality to above 1 so the game renders a higher resolution than it displays, it's put more pressure on the GPU and I've even seen the game showing it's being GPU limited a few times but if I get anywhere were there is a lot of action I drop to 20 FPS and I am being CPU limited.

I've tried overlocking my CPU but if I increase baseclock at all windows won't launch.

Holy shit.

I have never seen anything so LOL worthy on any multiplayer game ever. This happened less than 30 minutes ago.

I am TR on Mattherson, defending HVAR tech plant on Indar from the anti tank turret up top against a pretty potent NC invasion. Vanu were on the other side of the map.

Out of nowhere, everything just slows to a crawl. 10 Vanu Galaxies magically appear couple hundred yards out. The render distance issue is causing havoc...then suddenly 20 more Vanu Galaxies show up....then another 20 Vanu Galaxies magically appear on my screen.

50 fucking Vanu Galaxies on my screen at once. They were all glitching out because of lag, but they were there. At first I thought it was a graphics glitch, but then I opened fire with my anti tank gun and started hitting them. Then the graphics finally caught up and all of them had different camos. IT WAS 50 INDIVIDUAL GALAXIES.

Most of them were empty. And all they did was buzz the gun emplacement tower at HVAR tech plant. They did this nice little choreographed circle around the area, some of them flew between the upper levels and some of them did loops.

Half of them got shot down if not more, and the rest bugged out. I can't believe I didn't record it. I was laughing too hard and couldn't stop firing my gun at them.

I've set my render quality to above 1 so the game renders a higher resolution than it displays, it's put more pressure on the GPU and I've even seen the game showing it's being GPU limited a few times but if I get anywhere were there is a lot of action I drop to 20 FPS and I am being CPU limited.

I've tried overlocking my CPU but if I increase baseclock at all windows won't launch.

You should disable shadows.

My Rig never goes below 30-40 FPS even with huge fights now.

Holy shit.

I have never seen anything so LOL worthy on any multiplayer game ever. This happened less than 30 minutes ago.

I am TR on Mattherson, defending HVAR tech plant on Indar from the anti tank turret up top against a pretty potent NC invasion. Vanu were on the other side of the map.

Out of nowhere, everything just slows to a crawl. 10 Vanu Galaxies magically appear couple hundred yards out. The render distance issue is causing havoc...then suddenly 20 more Vanu Galaxies show up....then another 20 Vanu Galaxies magically appear on my screen.

50 fucking Vanu Galaxies on my screen at once. They were all glitching out because of lag, but they were there. At first I thought it was a graphics glitch, but then I opened fire with my anti tank gun and started hitting them. Then the graphics finally caught up and all of them had different camos. IT WAS 50 INDIVIDUAL GALAXIES.

Most of them were empty. And all they did was buzz the gun emplacement tower at HVAR tech plant. They did this nice little choreographed circle around the area, some of them flew between the upper levels and some of them did loops.

Half of them got shot down if not more, and the rest bugged out. I can't believe I didn't record it. I was laughing too hard and couldn't stop firing my gun at them.

I was there on the NC side. Was hilarious. Wish I had a burster max out at the time.

My performance has gotten better though I am still CPU bound at basically all times.

You need to sell your CPU and get another one that will overclock better, that or your board is not letting you. You should be able to hit 4ghz easily.

I figured out that the problem was physx. I've seen videos of others running physx but they don't have the same problem. Simply turning off physx keeps me in the 60fps range with everything on ultra settings, render quality at 1.4,

You need to sell your CPU and get another one that will overclock better, that or your board is not letting you. You should be able to hit 4ghz easily.

I figured out that the problem was physx. I've seen videos of others running physx but they don't have the same problem. Simply turning off physx keeps me in the 60fps range with everything on ultra settings, render quality at 1.4,

Wow? Really? I have everything on ultra, render quality at 1.4 but shadows turned to low. Render distance is max. My 2600k is @ 4.8ghz and my 7950 is @ 1100/1700 and I stay between 40-50fps, sometimes slugging down to 30ish FPS. I am usually flying in game.

Same here, except I'm flipping back and forth between GPU and CPU limited at 1440p.

Believe or not, there are times when I'm below 60fps (like 50-55fps for example), and showing up as "GPU limited", and the MSI monitor on my keyboard LCD confirms 99% usage. Single card (except for TITAN) may not be able to max out PS2 ultra configuration at a constant 60fps at 2560 resolution. I'm actually way more often GPU limited now at this resolution than I was a 1080p.

RenderQuality also kills my frame rate. If I set it to 1.4, I'll have 35fps in empty areas. If I set it to 2.0, I'll drop down 20fps. I really have no room to go any higher than the default 1. But it sort of makes sense as 2560 is already much more demanding than 1920 by default. It does make for nice looking screenshots though!

Well this is interesting. Turned shadows UP in quality and my FPS increased. Rendering is 1.41 but I may tone down to 1.2 or so to experiment. I'm @ 45-60+ fps though at max settings and RQ @ 1.41. I have not tried 2.0 for shits and giggles.

We just put out a patch this morning (March 1st, 2013) that should help with performance (obviously if you are changing anything in your INI file, like I do, that will affect you differently). We also did some server merges that should help with some of the lower populated servers.

Let me know if you encounter any problems. :)

For me this server merge has breathed new life into the game. Tonight there was a queue for ESAMIR. Good fights everywhere now.

We just put out a patch this morning (March 1st, 2013) that should help with performance (obviously if you are changing anything in your INI file, like I do, that will affect you differently). We also did some server merges that should help with some of the lower populated servers.

Nice to see some community reps venturing outside the official game forums! :D

(Not SOE specifically, just in general.)

Let me know if you encounter any problems. :)

Definitely noticed a difference. Good stuff.

For me this server merge has breathed new life into the game. Tonight there was a queue for ESAMIR. Good fights everywhere now.

Yeah I finally got to play on the other 2 continents. It was actually pretty awesome. Performance also seems to be a lot better.

It's a shame that my CPU is bottlenecking this game. I just got a GeForce GTX 670 and was super excited that I would be able to play any game out there. Imagine my face when I get 30 FPS on lowest settings at best :(

It's a shame that my CPU is bottlenecking this game. I just got a GeForce GTX 670 and was super excited that I would be able to play any game out there. Imagine my face when I get 30 FPS on lowest settings at best :(

A slow CPU can bottleneck a fast GPU for any game.

Back