Planetside 2

I can't aim for shit so far. Keep trying, but keep getting my ass kicked. It would help to play in a squad of course but I need to figure out my mouse sensitivity in this game vs bf3.

I can't aim for shit so far. Keep trying, but keep getting my ass kicked. It would help to play in a squad of course but I need to figure out my mouse sensitivity in this game vs bf3.

Press the insert button. Puts you in a squad.

What should I upgrade on my vehicles?

Not sure what side you're on, but I'll give you the names of the weapons as I know them on the Vanu side below. I haven't included any of the go-to cert upgrades, but just ask if you're interested.

Liberator: tankbuster on the front, dalton in the belly (for armor) or zephyr in the belly (for infantry), walker on the back (for AA) or bulldog on the back (for AA/ground)
Scythe: Hailstorm on the front (AA), rocket pods (anti-ground) or A2A lock-on missles (AA)
Lightning: Python Heat (anti-armor/infantry) or skyguard (AA)
Magrider: VPC (anti-infantry) or supernova (ant-armor), Saron (anti-armor)
Sundies: Bulldogs (anti-infantry/armor) and/or walker (AA)

Hit P to go join a squad - get in a large one and check over mic to see if there is coordination going on . If there is, you'll get the most out of the game.

Not sure what side you're on, but I'll give you the names of the weapons as I know them on the Vanu side below. I haven't included any of the go-to cert upgrades, but just ask if you're interested.

Liberator: tankbuster on the front, dalton in the belly (for armor) or zephyr in the belly (for infantry), walker on the back (for AA) or bulldog on the back (for AA/ground)
Scythe: Hailstorm on the front (AA), rocket pods (anti-ground) or A2A lock-on missles (AA)
Lightning: Python Heat (anti-armor/infantry) or skyguard (AA)
Magrider: VPC (anti-infantry) or supernova (ant-armor), Saron (anti-armor)
Sundies: Bulldogs (anti-infantry/armor) and/or walker (AA)

Hit P to go join a squad - get in a large one and check over mic to see if there is coordination going on . If there is, you'll get the most out of the game.
Cool, thanks for this.

Noob question, is there only one server that everybody joins?

So the patch yesterday helped me a bit. I went from 20-25fps in heated battles to 50-55fps, big improvement.

Also, this might be a newb question but when you get a base almost captured besides the spawn point, how do you get the force field down? I tried watching people a few times and the generator seems to always be disabled by then, it just magically seems to shut off after a while.

Cool, thanks for this.

Noob question, is there only one server that everybody joins?

There are eight servers if I remember correctly - they just combined a bunch of low pop servers to even things out, but I imagine there are still some disparities between servers. Just find out where your friends are.

Also, this might be a newb question but when you get a base almost captured besides the spawn point, how do you get the force field down? I tried watching people a few times and the generator seems to always be disabled by then, it just magically seems to shut off after a while.

You need to find the gens that correspond to each shield - to disable a generator you just walk up to it and hold E (that's the default, anyway). The generator will be overloaded, and eventually explode. Between the time the generator has been overloaded and it finally exploding, the defending team can stabilize the generator by walking up to it and holding E.

In the case of an amp station for example there are vehicle shields (preventing vehicles from entering the station), two personnel shields (preventing vehicles/infantry entering the main base section), and an SCU shield (hampering the defending team's ability to spawn at the station's spawn room).

Can me and my brother make our own squad? I just want to talk and show him the basics and stuff first.

yep...hit P and at the bottom of the squad selection is an 'invite to create squad' area (or something similarly named). Just invite him, and once he accepts you'll be in a squad. If you want universal chat then create an outfit just for the two of you, then you can speak via outfit chat no matter what squad/platoon you're in.

Actually, turbulence could be used to see cloaked infiltrators. First time when PhysX is actually helps to play. Pretty cool.

This happened to me earlier. Saw a ping on the minimap of someone in a tower (Tech Plant wall tower)

Was outside the tower, ran over to take the center grav lift up and saw the disturbance in the down life, he was cloaked so I couldn't see him. Put many bullets into his face.

Woot!

Double XP and double SC weekend. I hope you guys are enjoying it! Glad the intentional TK's have stopped. Last few days sucked.

Last edited:
Woot!

Double XP and double SC weekend. I hope you guys are enjoying it! Glad the intentional TK's have stopped. Last few days sucked.

Yep, got quite a few XP and Certs yesterday.
My certed sniper is so killing machine now. See no reason to play other class than sniper. Especially when I have SMG and invisible buggy now. Woho!!!!

Since I am newer to the community is there a list of people from this forum and server list/faction/ventrillo? I played with friends from work but since I am on shiftwork, I seldom can play with co workers. This game is great solo but I find myself going lonewolf after a few minutes.

Since I am newer to the community is there a list of people from this forum and server list/faction/ventrillo? I played with friends from work but since I am on shiftwork, I seldom can play with co workers. This game is great solo but I find myself going lonewolf after a few minutes.

I don't know I'd we have a list of us on these forums. If you're on waterson though you can add me. WAR2K is my username, and our outfit is D3RP. We're just about having a good time and do some organized ops. Most weekends!

Hey guys, I just started playing PS2 this weekend. I see that the game is very CPU bound, would I see any improvement by switching from my FX 8320 at 5.0ghz? I can run it at max settings and my GPU's only see 50-60% use.

Try turning off either Physx or fog shadows. There is an un-recognized glitch that lowers your FPS and GPU usage for simply turning on fog shadows.

And this is what makes this game so fucking amazing.

Teamwork, and insanely massive battles.

TR on Mattherson server had some infighting the other week, however, everything is over now. Vanu and NC decided to take advantage of this and team up. At this point TR had held Indar continent for 3 days. NC and Vanu were pissed and going to take it back.

The final battle was absolutely fucking insane. The entirety of the servers population, close to 1000 people at that particular moment (200-300 from each faction), had all converged on the last remaining TR territory left. This one piece of territory is smaller than the average BF3 map. There was even an amazing massive airdrop by over 50 galaxy troop transports from the Vanu.

In the end, they could not take that base from the TR forcefully. The TR left to regroup and continue to take back territory once the NC and Vanu attack had failed after 2 solid hours.

Absolutely fucking amazing work by everyone involved in every faction. The most epic moment I have ever experienced in gaming. This is also why I am a die-hard PC gaming fan, you will NEVER see this much action at once in a console game.

Some youtube vids of the Action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5IRZPcE38iY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6eJnBM0QAiw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FYVzpGyIcmA

and the TR point of view while defending (warning about 1.5 hours of footage of this battle):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm3MzFwuiL4

Last edited:
And this is what makes this game so fucking amazing.

Teamwork, and insanely massive battles.

TR on Mattherson server had some infighting the other week, however, everything is over now. Vanu and NC decided to take advantage of this and team up. At this point TR had held Indar continent for 3 days. NC and Vanu were pissed and going to take it back.

The final battle was absolutely fucking insane. The entirety of the servers population, close to 1000 people at that particular moment (200-300 from each faction), had all converged on the last remaining TR territory left. This one piece of territory is smaller than the average BF3 map. There was even an amazing massive airdrop by over 50 galaxy troop transports from the Vanu.

In the end, they could not take that base from the TR forcefully. The TR left to regroup and continue to take back territory once the NC and Vanu attack had failed after 2 solid hours.

Absolutely fucking amazing work by everyone involved in every faction. The most epic moment I have ever experienced in gaming. This is also why I am a die-hard PC gaming fan, you will NEVER see this much action at once in a console game.

I was playing as TR that night. It was during ops for my outfit (the enclave) so we were there from the start of the battle until the TR pushed out again. Admittedly, the TR got a bit lucky with the server having to restart and boot everyone off. At first, our last piece of territory was Valley Storage Yard, which was at the bottom of a canyon and had several approaches to it via vehicle.

So you had VS combined arms coming at the base from one approach and shelling us from the top of the canyon, and the NC coming from another. To make things worse, NC and VS had a ceasefire going, and literally fought us side by side. TR held out for well over an hour, but being completely surrounded, outnumbered 2 to 1, and with no access to vehicles, we were always going to lose that base.

Luckily, the server restarted, and my outfit immediately logged back in ASAP and made a beeline to Scarred Mesa Skydock to cap it and hold it. Strategically, there would really be no way for even combined NC and VS to take that base from us. It was located at the top of a steep hill, with the only land access to the base being an infantry jump platform, and no way for vehicles to get in. Also, the NC and VS weren't very coordinated as a whole, so a massive infantry air-drop was off the table.

So basically after we capped Scarred Mesa Skydock, the chances of TR losing the lock on Indar went to nil.

Video of the entire fight from start to finish.

Anyway, the fight was the best one that anyone on TR probably had. It was a good night.

Wow, buzzcut is still around? That dude still remains the most disgusting human being I have ever run into. As a gamer I give him props, but his attitude, views, and general behavior make me fear for the world.

Wow, buzzcut is still around? That dude still remains the most disgusting human being I have ever run into. As a gamer I give him props, but his attitude, views, and general behavior make me fear for the world.

And in turn, the visceral hatred people feel towards Buzz makes me lament how pussified our culture has become :(

And in turn, the visceral hatred people feel towards Buzz makes me lament how pussified our culture has become :(

if you want to call it that. I have no problem with shit talking and trolling. his racial and homosexual attacks against people have no place in gaming or society. in america he has this right just as I have the right not to agree with his views or actions. his behavior is well documented.

I still think this is one of the best games I have on my PC. I was so wrapped up in store bought game untill I got this one for FREE!!

Kinda wearing off of me though and I play only one day a week.

I also play only weekends. Otherwise I will be completely out of my social life with this excellent game :)

He was temporarily banned a couple weeks ago when he ordered his entire outfit to teamkill members of another Terran Republic outfit because he couldn't deploy a vehicle exactly where he wanted to. Granted his deployment would have been a better tactical placement, but the other Sunderer had already been deployed by the time he attempted to. Sometimes confusion happens when trying to coordinate hundreds of people between separate outfits and pubs, and he let himself get out of hand. The video proof was pulled from youtube (copied from his twitchtv stream before it too was banned for non-related reasons), but the original threads on Reddit still remain.

I believe he has learned his lesson, and tensions have lowered considerably. He is still a hot-head and prone to being emotional, but nevertheless is still a decent commander and highly skilled player overall. Don't misinterpret that last comment, I am not commenting on anything else he does other than his skill as a player.

Last edited:
He was temporarily banned a couple weeks ago when he ordered his entire outfit to teamkill members of another Terran Republic outfit because he couldn't deploy a vehicle exactly where he wanted to. Granted his deployment would have been a better tactical placement, but the other Sunderer had already been deployed by the time he attempted to.

Wow...he couldn't just friendly fire the other deployed Sundy instead?

His skill as a player and the command he has of his outfit is admirable. His behavior is the disgusting part. He has been nailed several times on reddit, and by the devs for all kinds of violations. What has surprised me was he was still around because before the game launched he was being warned by devs to chill out or they would take action.

His skill as a player and the command he has of his outfit is admirable. His behavior is the disgusting part. He has been nailed several times on reddit, and by the devs for all kinds of violations. What has surprised me was he was still around because before the game launched he was being warned by devs to chill out or they would take action.
Buzz brings in the dollars. He has thousands of members in his outfit. When he says you must have a certain loadout to play in his outfit, a large number of them simply buy it when they don't have the certs. He says players must have mines and AMS sunderers, they pay up. He actively ostracizes his own clan members (albeit in a fun way) by holding mock firing squads in game for members who don't get the gear he deems the best.

The hatred of him also keeps an active player base of NC and Vanu on the Mattherson server because there are a ton of people there playing simply to troll him. Other people like myself enjoy the challenge of always fighting off the double teaming by NC and Vanu since they all have a hard-on for attacking TR because of Buzz. When we get a continent lock, its very rewarding.

You know how the old saying goes, any publicity is good publicity. Sony is making use of that while trying to keep the dog on his leash. Eventually it will catch up to him and SOE might finally ban him when they have had enough.

Thinking about giving PS2 a go, any suggestions for a complete noob? i.e...servers, faction, loadout, profession, clans?

Gotten back into the game this week and it's better than when I stopped playing. Plan on grabbing some extra SC with the 50% off promotion and buy a few things. Forgot how damn long it takes to actually earn a gun.

I heard SOE actually apologized to him for the ban.

I don't get why this guy is so hated.

My theory is that he doesn't put up with bullshit politically correct talk and says what he actually feels. You know, like an anonymous guy with actual guts because he puts his real name out there for all to see. He's like a Roosh V of the gaming world and people want to destroy him for it. What's crazy is the amount of white knights out there trying to destroy both of them because they don't like what they say; it's frightening and sad.

The game does run much better than before. I still don't have a fucking clue but am occasionally effective in a push.

I heard SOE actually apologized to him for the ban.

I don't get why this guy is so hated.

My theory is that he doesn't put up with bullshit politically correct talk and says what he actually feels. You know, like an anonymous guy with actual guts because he puts his real name out there for all to see. He's like a Roosh V of the gaming world and people want to destroy him for it. What's crazy is the amount of white knights out there trying to destroy both of them because they don't like what they say; it's frightening and sad.

Because he's a racist, entitled, TKing asshat.

Thinking about giving PS2 a go, any suggestions for a complete noob? i.e...servers, faction, loadout, profession, clans?
I don't think there is a right answer to this. Play on a server close to your location and have at it. Someone released some statistics that showed all factions are very balanced. Play around with everything and see what you like.

Personally, I play a lot of heavy assault with some medic so I've started to cert my heavy assault more. I'm awful at flying and only use tanks for a change of pace.

I really enjoy the game though, so easy to play in small chunks but can keep me entertained for hours if there is a good battle going.

I really enjoy the game though, so easy to play in small chunks but can keep me entertained for hours if there is a good battle going.

I have a blast taking Amerish or Esamir during off hours by myself. Once you get up to an Amp Station or Bio Facility there are always a few people around. It's kind of fun farming the exp off generators and seeing how long you can survive before the few enemies actually catch you. It's so much fun to bait people into trying to save the generator only to sneak up behind them and kill them.

Back