Planetside 2

Redeemed my Walmart card for $60 station cash. I went to the Sony Website -> Planetside 2 section and redeemed card.

Went to 3 Walmart stores and struck out at all of em. :( Gamestop got my money.:mad:

Near the registers at my Walmart (where all of the giftcards including facebook credits ect are) there were no Station Cash cards, but in the Electronics section near the PC games there was a bigger display of game cards where I found stacks of Station Cash.

No tax on them, totally worth it for this promo.

The one good thing about the ones from Gamestop is that you get the Platinum NS-11(?) rifle. I don't know if this is true, but I heard you can still unlock this rifle using credits (or station cash?), however the "Platinum" color is exclusive to the Gamestop promotion.

From what I hear, European players won't be able to use the prepaid codes from WalMart unless they have either signed up for their Planetside account sometime during beta and NOT opted into converting to a ProSieben account OR used proxy/VPN to sign up for a SOE account, rather than the now mandatory ProSieben accounts for European players. Was confirmed that European players will get the triple station cash here: http://en.planetside2.eu/forum/gene...u-get-21st-3x-sale--t535706-s80.html#p5817857

Someone claimed to have tried to ask ProSieben customer support to convert their current Pro7 account to a SOE account, which they didn't allow ---> http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/...rs_also_getting_triple_sc_on_dec_21st/c7j2zjl

I caught the triple cash and 15% vehicle weapon discount at the same time. Loaded up on both Scythe A2A slots, double Sunderer turrets, even a gun for the Flash.

That kobalt 50cal is cheap but pretty damn good. I paired it up with nightvision which even sees cloaked infils, it's pretty much a deathlaser against infantry. At some point I'll slap stealth and radar on the Flash since that's pretty fun to ride around in madmax style.

50%xp 7-day booster + 25% subscriber bonus (I subbed for a month, playing the shit out of this game, might as well) + double xp holiday. Oh my.

Went back to Walmart and got another Sony card lol. That should last for me through next year.

I'm relatively new to the game and am having a hard time catching on. Any suggestions on how to learn to play and enjoy the game?

Checked all my local walmarts. No cards :( My brother and I will be on all night. character name kettch22 on mattherson TR.

Just dropped 20 Euros for 6000 SC. I guess it is a good value. Totally I already spent 40 Euros on the game.

I went to two walmarts and met two guys at one of them who had already gone to three. None. Only one of the walmarts had a spot for them and they were completely out of stock. I checked in the pc game area, all the front registers and by the gift card area near the front. Kind of bummed.

What's the gamespot thing you guys were talking about?

I went to two walmarts and met two guys at one of them who had already gone to three. None. Only one of the walmarts had a spot for them and they were completely out of stock. I checked in the pc game area, all the front registers and by the gift card area near the front. Kind of bummed.

I'm dumbfounded how people are having so much problems finding these cards.The Wal-Mart nearest me (state line road in Kansas City) was overstocked on them (approx. 200+) so much so that the first 10 or so of them had a permanent crease from the shelving unit pressing into them because they couldn't fit anymore on the shelf.

They are located in the Electronics section with the tiny PC games collection they have along with all the other gift cards for EA, Blizzard, Facebook, etc. etc.

The Gamestop deal is a free limited edition platinum colored NS-11 Assault rifle for the medic class. The NS-11 is a weapon you can unlock yourself, but the Gamestop version is platinum...whoop de doo. The NS-11 is a pretty damn good weapon though, so if you have been saving for it, getting it through the Gamestop promo is a quicker method of getting it.

I feel PS2 have problem with server population. This is second weekend in a row when I join Miller server, join platoon and then we run around capture points without much resistance.

When I check servers status most of them Low population and some are Medium.
http://www.planetside-universe.com/server_status.php

They need to reduce amount of server. Otherwise the maps are just deserted.

I feel they try to attract people by double XP events and now it will last a whole week.

Not sure that I am happy because I dropped already 40 Euros on the game and I love it.

I'm dumbfounded how people are having so much problems finding these cards.The Wal-Mart nearest me (state line road in Kansas City) was overstocked on them (approx. 200+) so much so that the first 10 or so of them had a permanent crease from the shelving unit pressing into them because they couldn't fit anymore on the shelf.

They are located in the Electronics section with the tiny PC games collection they have along with all the other gift cards for EA, Blizzard, Facebook, etc. etc.

The Gamestop deal is a free limited edition platinum colored NS-11 Assault rifle for the medic class. The NS-11 is a weapon you can unlock yourself, but the Gamestop version is platinum...whoop de doo. The NS-11 is a pretty damn good weapon though, so if you have been saving for it, getting it through the Gamestop promo is a quicker method of getting it.

different stores stock differently. I went to 2 stores, 1 just didn't carry them and the other was out of stock even though the website said they had stock. I ended up getting a 10+2 free realms card which works for PS2.
Oh and this sale might work out well for them. I actually haven't even played this f2p game yet but this was such a good deal that I went and spent $20 on it and I'm sure theres others that spent far more. Meanwhile I play MWO a lot but I had to just about force myself to buy a $15 pack because I just don't feel like their deals are all that great and everything but mechbays are overpriced.

I ran into that issue during the beta a couple times, however there was a patched that fixed that and I haven't seen it on either of my setups since then.

In terms of what you are experiencing I'm not totally sure of the cause. Is the game installed on your SSD? I know people have experienced some types of lag while this was on a HDD. Have you monitored your vram usage on your 470? I doubt it, but maybe there are vram spikes that your 470 can't handle. Make sure you don't have a bunch of background programs open either when running the game. Maybe obvious, but you never know.

I finally bothered to reinstall the game on my SSD and I'm still having the stuttering issue. In fact, the only real difference I noticed was that it loaded super fast compared to before.

It always starts out buttery smooth when I first start to play, but it seems that after a bit (15 minutes or so?) anytime I turn around quickly it just stutters something fierce, and sometimes even when I get in a shootout with an enemy. Which is incredibly annoying when you try to turn around and run away from a frag grenade. Seems odd that with most settings on medium the game still hitches like that.

I ended up feeling stupidly determined and ended up going to 4 walmarts total and still couldn't get it. Every negative stereotype I had about walmart, the people who work there and the people who shop there was reinforced today. I was starting to get kind of heated by the time I got to the fourth one. I don't want to tell long stories but just to briefly explain one, don't tell me "we don't stock those" if the website says you do, follow that up with "you can't trust the website" and then don't come with me when I offer to show you WHERE YOU HAVE A PLACE FOR IT WITH A SKU RIGHT OVER HERE.

I thoroughly checked each Walmart and tried to get staff to help me.

I ended up going for the Gamespot deal. Best I could do. They had tons available but I'll be missing out on 1500 points, I'll be settling for 4500 and a gun+skin.

different stores stock differently. I went to 2 stores, 1 just didn't carry them and the other was out of stock even though the website said they had stock. I ended up getting a 10+2 free realms card which works for PS2.
Oh and this sale might work out well for them. I actually haven't even played this f2p game yet but this was such a good deal that I went and spent $20 on it and I'm sure theres others that spent far more. Meanwhile I play MWO a lot but I had to just about force myself to buy a $15 pack because I just don't feel like their deals are all that great and everything but mechbays are overpriced.

Yeah, with these F2P games, I'm either content to not pay or I'll wait for a good sale deal and try to cash in under $20. I did the same with Tribes and was happy with how that worked out.

Went back to Walmart and got another Sony card lol. That should last for me through next year.

I redeemed a total of 4 Wal-Mart cards. First I was going to just do two, then someone from outside US wanted two for the 500 bonus. After I got em they backed out and couldn't return the cards...so I said eff it. So much station cash now.........

This was the first game I've ever put more than $50 into. Even though its a bit ironic since its F2P, I feel like I've supported the kind of developer PC gamers have been missing for the better part of a decade. Well worth it.

I finally bothered to reinstall the game on my SSD and I'm still having the stuttering issue. In fact, the only real difference I noticed was that it loaded super fast compared to before.

It always starts out buttery smooth when I first start to play, but it seems that after a bit (15 minutes or so?) anytime I turn around quickly it just stutters something fierce, and sometimes even when I get in a shootout with an enemy. Which is incredibly annoying when you try to turn around and run away from a frag grenade. Seems odd that with most settings on medium the game still hitches like that.

I have the exact same problem. Turn around quickly, and game gets super choppy and lags for a few seconds. My system in sig should be good enough to handle PS2 ?

I think its just the game is still in beta, but called "Release," product, even though we all know that's not true. Too common lately, games being rushed out, needing a few more months after release, to be truly stable and solid. I would guess PS2 will be really great in several months.

My issue with PS2 overall, is that it feels and looks like generic sci-fi, no soul or real character to the game, just standard run of the mill sci-fi setting. Hard to explain.

It feels like it's sort of set in an Star Trek world, or Aliens-2 movie world, but in a cheap generic copy of those two.

The map has way too much empty space between bases. Is a long trek just making your way to the next base, and then you get there and battle is over already :rolleyes:

The vehicles and buildings look very low res texture wise, and again, just run of the mill, cookie cutter sci-fi models. I am running the game at highest settings, and NV Control panel at 4xSSAA and 16xAF.

The sound engine is really poor.

Hard to tell where your buddies or friends are in the map. And why does the vehicle stop when you click open the map ? They need a larger mini map option like BF3.

I just don't get the feel for this game world, feels cheap, and done by amateurs. Maybe after all the patches and updates coming next year, the game will be fully flushed out and improved, hopefully. Till then BF3 is a little better game for me to play in vehicles and capture bases..

Actually I found the real Ultra settings are those above plus settings RenderQuality=1.4

That is actually the full Ultra settings. Good luck with your framerate if you don't have SLI/Crossfire.

I encourage you guys to make a character on each faction. The guns are so different, it feels different each time. My NC is BR 23, but I have a VS Medic that is 10 that I'm really liking right now. Luckily the Triple SC came along, so I don't even feel dumb about buying the same items on different factions. (they're planning to fix this later, btw)

People do that? I mean, I don't play a whole lot so I've only got 1 character going at the moment, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

People do that? I mean, I don't play a whole lot so I've only got 1 character going at the moment, but I guess I shouldn't be too surprised.

Yep it is pretty annoying too. It was like this in the beta and then they patched it to where you were only allowed one character per server and things were fine. Then out of nowhere they recently revert that in another patch allowing multiple characters per server again. All it does is screw over the two factions which aren't winning at the moment on a server since mass amounts of people will just swap over their character on the winning faction. As a NC player on Connery today I witnessed this bad with everyone flocking to TR.

On SolTech it's Vanu fest.... NC and TR trade at just below 30% each.

So I've been playing quite a bit of PS2 since it came out, but I really haven't poked around the upgrades to much. I've been pretty stern about the fact that, at this time, I'm not putting money into this game. So I've just been using the points I earn to buy stuff, i've put most of it into the medic class and stock weapon.

Well, for xmas a friend of mine loaded me up with 6,000SC. So i've got some shopping to do now, but I've really got no idea what to do with it because I've never even looked into the more expensive stuff. I don't care about camo and shit, I don't need to run around looking like a giraffe. What are some useful enchancements to look in to? I'm no pilot, I pretty much only use land vehicles. I'm almost always a medic, sometimes also a light or heavy infantry. Pretty much never infilitrator, max, or engineer. Should I look into buying new weapons? Tank upgrades?

So I've been playing quite a bit of PS2 since it came out, but I really haven't poked around the upgrades to much. I've been pretty stern about the fact that, at this time, I'm not putting money into this game. So I've just been using the points I earn to buy stuff, i've put most of it into the medic class and stock weapon.

Well, for xmas a friend of mine loaded me up with 6,000SC. So i've got some shopping to do now, but I've really got no idea what to do with it because I've never even looked into the more expensive stuff. I don't care about camo and shit, I don't need to run around looking like a giraffe. What are some useful enchancements to look in to? I'm no pilot, I pretty much only use land vehicles. I'm almost always a medic, sometimes also a light or heavy infantry. Pretty much never infilitrator, max, or engineer. Should I look into buying new weapons? Tank upgrades?

I put a little cash into the anti armor turret for the light tank, combined with the armor upgrades it can be quite the little fighter. I also bought the battle rifle for the engineer class ( not sure if the medic has it as well) but I favor a few well placed shots to most of the other carbines/machine guns.

I put a little cash into the anti armor turret for the light tank, combined with the armor upgrades it can be quite the little fighter. I also bought the battle rifle for the engineer class ( not sure if the medic has it as well) but I favor a few well placed shots to most of the other carbines/machine guns.

I created 3 profiles for light and heavy tanks:
Anti Air
Anti Vehicle
Anti Infantry

And bought respective turrets for those. You never know which configuration you need. I would say I enjoy most Anti Infantry configuration . This is where I get most of my kills :)

Got a good side gunner for my prowler today. Took out 2 scythes, 1 liberator, 2 magriders, 3 lightnings and 1 sundy before we got gibbed by a magrider + liberator combo :(

I run regular cannon, top armor, vulcan secondary, extra ammo.

Need to get myself Rival chassis for all terrain stuff.

Vulcan is hilarious, does more DPS than lightning main gun.

Do you have more than 4 gigs of ram? Are you running on a 64bit OS?

The game realistically requires at least 8 gigabytes of ram from what I've read. Thus, win32 systems won't really be able to play it.

The graphics settings tend to have little to do with your performance too; as long as you have a semi competent graphics card from 3 years ago, you can run on high and still get bottlenecked by your processor.

The game realistically requires at least 8 gigabytes of ram from what I've read. Thus, win32 systems won't really be able to play it.

The graphics settings tend to have little to do with your performance too; as long as you have a semi competent graphics card from 3 years ago, you can run on high and still get bottlenecked by your processor.

The game is built on Directx 9 which is 32bit.

On SolTech it's Vanu fest.... NC and TR trade at just below 30% each.

I made a NC char on that server I think. Fun being the underdog. My TR is on Connery and they always outnumber the other two factions. The zerg is boring. Small groups roaming are more fun. More kills. More points. With the zerg you are lucky to get 2 kills before the tanks+air kill everything.

Yup, it's all in my sig. 8GB, Win 7 x64, GTX 470. With lowering most graphics settings to medium I get a buttery smooth 60fps EXCEPT when it stutters.

The game is built on Directx 9 which is 32bit.

I was wondering about that actually.

Back