PlanetSide 2 Beta

xBanzai89

Supreme [H]ardness
For those who are hoping to get into beta. Just to let you all know the PlanetSide 2 site got a overhaul and now has BETA SIGN UPS. Go go go! :cool:

Thanks for the heads up, one of the few MMOs im looking forward to, cant wait to get back in my inf suit :)

I am giddy right now. I might resub to the old PS just to get early access to the beta. Since I cannot play Dust514 when it comes out (its only going to be on the god damn console), PS2 will fit the bill just fine.

I am giddy right now. I might resub to the old PS just to get early access to the beta. Since I cannot play Dust514 when it comes out (its only going to be on the god damn console), PS2 will fit the bill just fine.

i would re-sub to PS, but my old account is on some completely random old username i made, so unfortunately i have no interest in re-activating that account.

ill just hold off till the game releases :)

hopefully it'll be sometime soon, im super excited for it.

i signed up but didnt they had a sign up before and no one got in?

Just curious... is there going to be a sub for PS2? Or are they going F2P model with microtransactions like just about everyone else?

F2P last I read.

Really? Odd, because there's a lot of payment info/options on the official PS2 website... unless that's for/connected to the first game?

For some reason I never got into the first game, so I don't know, but I'm definitely excited for PS2, unless there a sub.

Hell yeah I'm signing up for this. I haven't even really been paying attention to this, but I loved the original PlanetSide's beta. Ended up never really playing it after I bought it, though. Wasn't happy with some of the changes they made.

Hell yeah I'm signing up for this. I haven't even really been paying attention to this, but I loved the original PlanetSide's beta. Ended up never really playing it after I bought it, though. Wasn't happy with some of the changes they made.

Agreed. The beta for the first game was really fun, but once they changed the starting Battle Points (or whatever they were) and added a ton more players, it got REALLY laggy and stupid.

Really? Odd, because there's a lot of payment info/options on the official PS2 website... unless that's for/connected to the first game?

For some reason I never got into the first game, so I don't know, but I'm definitely excited for PS2, unless there a sub.

If we are going by the current model that SOE is doing with DCUO and EQ2 I believe the game is going to have multiple methods to supporting itself over the years. Most basic being the F2P option to keep the population up followed with micro transactions to have revenue come in. Then a subscription to have access to premium (who knows at this point). On top of that any expansions that come out in the future maybe paid for in order to have access to. Although I love the F2P option as in no monthly sub I do not want total F2P as in no box charge. Even if SOE charged $5 per box just to keep out the damn hackers I would be happy. The original with the 2 week trial system had serious issues with this. If there is going to be 500-1000 players on one cont just imagine the kind of griefing those idiots will be able to do.

SONY turned Planetside 1 into complete shit very fast. I was pissed that I spent $80 on a 3 month sub for the game and they ruined it long before my sub was up for renewal. I never renewed, and stopped playing it completely. Unfortunately real life has moved on and I probably won't be playing PS2 as I might not have the time.

SONY turned Planetside 1 into complete shit very fast. I was pissed that I spent $80 on a 3 month sub for the game and they ruined it long before my sub was up for renewal. I never renewed, and stopped playing it completely. Unfortunately real life has moved on and I probably won't be playing PS2 as I might not have the time.

How do you spend $80 on a 3 month sub? That should be $45 at most.

Hmm maybe I forget to include the cost of the game itself. I just remember $80, and Sony can suck it.

Hmm maybe I forget to include the cost of the game itself. I just remember $80, and Sony can suck it.

Was this at launch? Up until 2007 there was still good fights I would say. 2008 was things really started going downhill imo.

LOL 2008?

Yes it was at launch, I loved the beta and I was looking into a legendary game comparable to Tribes.

So seeing how successful the beta was, I just dumped money into it initially cause all my friends were having fun. Shit hit the fan weeks after, maybe even within the same month after launch.

I guess the crowd picked back up when SOE eventually fixed the shit, but I quit based on the principles that Sony used against their customers. Hiding the player count on servers so we don't know HOW FEW players are now online? Their solution to losing subscriptions was to hide player count information from us. Amongst other shit I can't even remember, but just remember that Sony were a bunch of scumbags back then. SOE denied a ton of "rumors" against them which were true if you looked on other forums. They may have changed since, but its too late.

The other reason why I won't do MMO's anymore was cause going to another "planet" or "world" in WoW required like 5 to 10 minutes of your life. Fuck that. I never played WoW either, but I've watched it many times.

LOL 2008?

Yes it was at launch, I loved the beta and I was looking into a legendary game comparable to Tribes.

So seeing how successful the beta was, I just dumped money into it initially cause all my friends were having fun. Shit hit the fan weeks after, maybe even within the same month after launch.

I guess the crowd picked back up when SOE eventually fixed the shit, but I quit based on the principles that Sony used against their customers. Hiding the player count on servers so we don't know HOW FEW players are now online? Their solution to losing subscriptions was to hide player count information from us. Amongst other shit I can't even remember, but just remember that Sony were a bunch of scumbags back then. SOE denied a ton of "rumors" against them which were true if you looked on other forums. They may have changed since, but its too late.

The other reason why I won't do MMO's anymore was cause going to another "planet" or "world" in WoW required like 5 to 10 minutes of your life. Fuck that. I never played WoW either, but I've watched it many times.

5... 10 minutes... That's nothing. In Eve your ship can take a few hours to get to a new destination. Now that's a long time.

LOL 2008?

I played from 2004 to 2008 non stop. The fights where epic for years and started to go down in 2006, but was still good up until 2008 in my opinion. I never heard anyone say SOE ruined the game prior to the release of the BFRs either, so thats a new one to me.

You never heard because you never saw what happened at launch obviously (spring to summer of 03')... you may also not have heard cause SOE may have censored all forum complaints, LOL.

Back