Pixel 9 / Pixel 9 Pro / Pixel 9 Pro... XL?

I see this as a course correction: Google noticed that many Apple/Samsung buyers get high-end but mid-sized phones, and that option just didn't exist in Pixel land. I know I'd go for the regular 9 Pro if I were in the market.

I really hope Google adopts that same screen technology as on the S24 Ultra; the non-reflective, matte finish display. It really is a game changer.

When using other phones besides my S24U, they look so shiny distracting, like looking at a mirror.

My love/hate relationship with my 8 Pro is back to the hate side. I'm having the scrolling issue that's been reported by others. It's distracting, to say the least. Battery life has worsened, too. I've given Google more than enough chances to prove the Pixel is worth buying. It ain't. I'm going iPhone when the 16 Pro is released in the fall.

My love/hate relationship with my 8 Pro is back to the hate side. I'm having the scrolling issue that's been reported by others. It's distracting, to say the least. Battery life has worsened, too. I've given Google more than enough chances to prove the Pixel is worth buying. It ain't. I'm going iPhone when the 16 Pro is released in the fall.

Word is Android 15 fixes the laggy microstutters for good. There's been some recent articles about this.

Battery life has been an issue on Pixel's since the Nexus days. It's always bad, to mediocre at best.

I will say my S24 Ultra is super smooth always fluid. And battery life on the S24U is laughably better than the 8 Pro's.

I wish Google would put back in the IR sensor for face unlock back into their future flagship phones that was in the Pixel 4. Using the camera sucks in low light.

I will say my S24 Ultra is super smooth always fluid. And battery life on the S24U is laughably better than the 8 Pro's.
You do know why right? Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 vs Tensor G3 (aka the cancelled Samsung Exynos 2300). You have a competent SOC vs one that's terrible in performance and efficiency.

And the Pixel 9 will be the exact same thing, just another Exynos chip disguised as Tensor. The Pixel 10 should be an inhouse Google design fabbed by TSMC so it might be able to redeem the Pixel brand. But as someone who owned a Pixel 6a and 7 Pro with Tensor and Tensor G2 I won't touch another Exynos derived Pixel with a 10 foot pole.

I wish Google would add a bit more customization to the UI. Like icon packs and changing the Google search widget.

Thing is, I've tried third party launchers and they seem to ruin the experience of the smoothness of the default launcher. For some reason the animations in other launchers don't give that same buttery smooth fluid transitions as the default UI.

So I like the stock Pixel UI just would like a little more customization built in.

Back