Pixel 5 early news

T4rd

Fully [H]
Does not matter what android phone this always help 🤣

Lol, ain't that the truth. Though personally my 2 XL hasn't slowed down enough to ever warrant a reset, I'm sure it would be noticable faster if I did.. for a week maybe.

Android really needs a full overhaul, IMO. The gradual OS degradation has been an issue since its birth.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
I found the Pixel 2 XL never got slower. I used it for like 3 years and it was just as fast as when I got it.

My older Android phones from HTC and Motorola got way slower after time, the stock Android on Pixel is the best.

Reactions: T4rd
like this

Johnny78

[H]ard|Gawd
I found the Pixel 2 XL never got slower. I used it for like 3 years and it was just as fast as when I got it.

My older Android phones from HTC and Motorola got way slower after time, the stock Android on Pixel is the best.
Completely agree. My used my pixel 2 XL for a couple years and I never noticed a drop in performance. My current 4xl has been going strong for a year and if anything, feels even faster after the android 11 update.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Just got the Pixel 5 yesterday as I needed a new phone.

Any way to change order of the navigation buttons? I prefer my back button on the right instead of the left.

Agree with the call quality being off.

You'd think that as a phone being the primary purpose, there should be no issues here.

Camera is solid so far and the battery is pretty good too.

So far, it's nearly identical in terms of my casual use and needs that I use a smart phone for. But I really would like to change my navigation button rotation.

Any fix to this would be helpful

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
I gave my son my Pixel 5, was too small for me, but still a fantastic little device. To me the Pixel line is the only phone to get for Android, or maybe OnePlus, never LG or Scamsuck.

I agree with you, the nav buttons would be much better if they could be rearranged like on a Samsung Galaxy or OnePlus phone, but that's not an option on Pixel phones. I did switch to the full Gesture nav on my Pixel's a year or so ago, and it really is great, and gives full screen real estate, instead of the software nav keys taking up space on the bottom

Camera is great on the Pixel 5, Portrait mode shots I think are best in the industry, overall still shots the Pixel 5 in my opinion is #1.

Call quality and earpiece speaker blow, at least mine did, and was the main reason I couldn't keep it. It is a SmartPHONE, meaning it's meant to, you know, make phone calls LOL. I'm floored at people that don't use a smartphone to actually call clients, customers, family and friends. Texting only is for kids, not adults. But that's just my opinion.

I don't do a ton of phone calls, but on average 25 or 30 calls a day. And even more texts and e-mails.

Last edited:

Domingo

Fully [H]
Interesting that the call quality/earpiece aren't good. My wife has one, but (kinda like most people) she has probably only made a handful of actual phone calls since she got it.
That's one are where my S20+ has exceled. Call quality is excellent, although I admittedly barely make any calls myself.

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
Interesting that the call quality/earpiece aren't good. My wife has one, but (kinda like most people) she has probably only made a handful of actual phone calls since she got it.
That's one are where my S20+ has exceled. Call quality is excellent, although I admittedly barely make any calls myself.
I got stubborn with buying that. Been using Samsung since my LG G4 - wanted something different. Probably should have gone that route.

I believe I have until tomorrow to swap out if I don't like it.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
Call quality is better after the update, I think from December, but it's still not great.

People also were complaining about the notification sounds being too loud, so they updated it, but now it is too low and you can barely hear anything (the haptics also are super weak now).

Hopefully there will be another update, it's not a perfect phone but I like it.