Pixel 4

Discussion in 'Smart Phones and Devices' started by Supersnake, Jun 11, 2019 at 9:07 PM.

1. Supersnake

Supersnake Gawd

June 11, 2019
    Lewis Hilsenteger from Unbox Therapy released his hands on video with a leaked Pixel 4 model. The leak reveals that the Pixel 4 will incorporate a major camera and design change over its predecessor.
    Joshua Swingle from Phone Arena followed up in a written article.

Pixel 4

>Two rear facing cameras and a spectral sensor
    >No notch or hole in screen
    > 5 imaging units on front of device
    > A forehead across the top of screen

Stereo speakers
    NFC
    Wireless charging
    Active Edge

June 12, 2019
    Google Tweeted

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 3:23 PM
  2. compgeek89

compgeek89 [H]Lite

Meh, I'm a PC geek. Tell me about the internal specs ;)

3. Zorachus

Zorachus [H]ardForum Junkie

I'm excited for the Pixel 4 XL, but bringing back the forehead top bezel like the 2 XL, seems a step backward design wise. Why not do what the Note 10 renders show and what the Essential phone had, both with very minimal tiny dot cutouts in the center top of screen. To me those look very good, and don't take space like an ugly notch.

4. Trimlock

Trimlock [H]ardForum Junkie

I was never bothered by the top and bottom cheeks of the iphone or the bottom button bar of the old androids but I'm also not bothered by the notch. How anyone could complain about a device that adds more screen is beyond me but if your brain yells at you that this is somehow worse than having no screen in the area that's on you.

What I REALLY disliked was seeing the pin hole punch out on the screen. That was very distracting when seeing that in action and it is hardly un-noticeable.

I don't need edge to edge screens or certainly not the useless curved screens.

5. kirbyrj

kirbyrj [H]ard as it Gets

Snapdragon 855 and 6/8GB of RAM I'm guessing. The problem with Google phones is that they release so late into the chipset's lifecycle that it's last generation as soon as its released almost. I'd rather they delay it and release early like the Galaxys or maybe in a May/June timeframe like what they did with the Pixel 3A.

6. compgeek89

compgeek89 [H]Lite

Agree. Feels like phones are where PCs were before Ryzen ... I.e. nothing has really changed to make upgrading super exciting in like 5+ yrs.

7. Trimlock

Trimlock [H]ardForum Junkie

Ultimately you have to have a compelling reason that the upgrade would make it exciting. Phone hardware has far surpassed software requirements, even the GPU's these days are incremental increases. However a phone from 4 years ago will run the latest OS and any App just fine.