ping issue in workgroup -- need connectivity for quickbooks db

hifimono

Weaksauce
i have a workgroup at my jobsite and all the computers can ping each other except this one (shipping). shipping can ping everyone else but nobody can ping it. cables are connected to a switch then to router. we thought the shipping's NIC was the problem (it ws wireless) so we replaced it with a wired NIC but still the same problem. disabling windows firewall on shipping comp and another doesn't help. all the computers can access the internet through the gateway, but i'm stumped. this shouldn't be this hard. any ideas? jog my memory for me?
thanks.

do you have some Norton Interenet Security or another crappy antivirus package with integrated firewall?

how are you pinging it by IP or by DNS ? can you ping by IP?

what is the IP, Gateway, DNS of a working computer, and what are the IP, Gateway, DNS of shipping?

meh

it was the damn PCcillin microtrend av internet security shit blocking it.

works like a champ now.

thanks for the memory jab.

didn't have to uninstall the whole antivirus, if you go the program files directory their is a pctools application that allows you to fully uninstall just the firewall portion.

but that is one of the reasons i got away from Trend Micro AV, even if the firewall was disabled sometimes it would get in the way. Go with Nod32

Back