• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

picture folder crashes the hard drive

Epyon

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Oct 25, 2001
Messages
1,531
I copyed my pictures folder from my ssd drive to a external usb 3.0 drive and now when i click on one of the folders it will crash the whole drive. I do have folders and then sub folders and so on. I think the total size is around. 100gb of jpeg images.

I want to know if i should put them on a thumb drive or a ssd?
I even thought about useing some kind of software that can make a pdf album or something. All the small files are crashing the drive i am guessing. Cant give you a size because of the folder is crashing the external usb 3.0 512gb hard drive.
 
You might also want to check the S.M.A.R.T. status of the drive as well, it may be failing. Pictures and lots of small files don't normally cause drives to "crash".
 
Control Panel>Folder Options>View and toggle "Always show icons, never thumbnails"
 
Does not work. Still locks up the whole tablet. Runing it on a surface pro 2 256gb ssd 8gb of ram. Crazy
 
Last edited:
What do you mean by "crashes"? When I think of hdds and crashing, I'm imagining a dead drive.
 
By crash i mean its like its so overwhelmed that it just ejects its self from the system and i have to un plug and re plug it in. Its just the pictures folder my movie folder and other stuff wirks fine. Its really odd.

I am working offshore right now so i am limited to what i can do.
 
Back
Top