Pi In The Sky

HardOCP News

[H] News
Nerd alert! Nerd Alert! There is Pi in the sky! That is all. :cool:

At 10,000 feet altitude, a team of five synchronized aircraft equipped with dot-matrix technology will skywrite the first 1,000 numbers of Pi's infinite sequence. The aircraft will fly in a 100+ mile loop around the San Francisco Bay Area. Each number will measure over a quarter-mile in height.

Been a long time since I heard the term "dot matrix", lol.

Sounds cool if done right, though.

I'm gonna start a campaign for e, it's always overshadowed by pi and deserves more publicity for it's hard work, so sad. Also what's the nerd obsession with pi and it's decimal representation anyway? We use a greek symbol for a reason, so we don't have to represent it in decimal form :p

Let me guess...they are getting a taxpayer funded grant to do this wasteful shit?

Besides...Tudz, I like "e" better too. Besides, I've never heard of 'pie log', yet you can't get away from natural log...

Let me guess...they are getting a taxpayer funded grant to do this wasteful shit?

Besides...Tudz, I like "e" better too. Besides, I've never heard of 'pie log', yet you can't get away from natural log...

My first thoughts were, "who pays for this dumb projects." Then I read your post and was sad.......I would like to know where the money came from now.

Back