Physx games, list, links, comments.

Other then UT3 which is looking more and more like UT2003 (ie:trash) as time goes by,what other triple AAA PC titles have support,or will in the future ?

Try Warmonger, it's great.
Apart from that, no one knows, AGEIA don't provide much details about upcoming games.

You mean hardware support or just use of physx middleware?

If you mean PhysX plain and simple, there are a lot of games that use the middleware, there are very few that hook the engine to hardware though.
-Sacred 2 is said to use PhysX and was going to use hardware on PC, time will tell, I'm still surprised Gears of War for PC is software only, who knows!
-Project Offset http://www.projectoffset.com/videos.php

Added some more titles, engines, plugins etc...
Moved some software only titles to the second part of the list since it looks like we're getting more hardware enabled softwares.If you guys find more ttitles just do a quick search on the page if it's not there just post the title and link.

I can confirm that even games that do not use the PPU have shown at least a small increase in FPS.. I'm honestly not sure why, but, there is a slight increase..

Thread deserves a bump since people are looking for supported PhysX games.

Could a Moderator re-sticky this?

I always wondered if the Physics cards increased FPS that much. ???

In games where the PhysX driver is saturating the CPU (decreasing CPU communication with the gfx card), it can increase FPS.
The games need to be written to use PhysX hardware otherwise there will be no difference.
It hasnt been much of a issue so far as most games arent written to use Hardware PhysX.

(Most?) Games that support hardware PhysX can still run without a hardware PhysX capable system but PhysX will be run on the CPU in reduced quality to maintain framerate.

One whole games I play.

Hoping support becomes more mainstream as the technology is more and more present in systems.

anyone having a problem with cubophobia? i just get a black screen when i try to play, although the debug info F4 and sounds, and menu work.

newest 180 drivers, 9600GSO

Farcry 2 does use physx.
http://www.custompc.co.uk/news/604686/sneak-peak-at-far-cry-2-and-its-use-of-a-multi-core-cpu.html
Today at IDF Intel showed a demo of Far Cry 2, and confirmed that it’s not only incredibly pretty, but is multi-threaded, with AI and CPU-based Havok physics running as separate threads for multi-core CPU.
the game uses a Havok physics engine
James didn't elaborate whether the havok engine in Far Cry 2 was Havok FX (which was previously only accelerated on GPUs) or another Havok physics engine.

Back