Photoshopping help

DeadlyAura

Supreme [H]ardness
So, I took a picture a few weeks ago in panorama mode on my camera. I didn't have a tripos when I took the picture, so when I lined up the images, they did not line up exactly. Therefore, I ended up with 2 vertical lines in the image that were slightly darker than the rest of the image. I have photoshop, I'm just not sure the best way to get rid of the lines...

Any suggestions?

Picture:
PICT2682-1.jpg

I'm no expert, but it seems to me you could use the "dodge" tool on a fairly low setting to lighten the darker areas.

Does the one on the left go further right? The two trees at the bottom of the hill just left of the first blend are the same as the trees the other side?

Does the one on the left go further right? The two trees at the bottom of the hill just left of the first blend are the same as the trees the other side?

Yes, that's why there are darker areas. I didn't have a tripod, and it was windy, and I was taking a picture of something VERY far away. I was relying on the steadiness of my hands to take the picture. Didn't work out so well. :p

if you email me the picture, I can fix it for you later on tonight...

But I would use the dodge tool...

definitely dodge tool. About 20% exposure (maybe less) hardness 0% and take it slow. The other methods will always miss odd bits and you'll have to do some dodge tool anyway.

What software did you use to stitch these together? I'm kind of surprised the software didn't fix the blending issue and the issue with the road not lining up.

Other free software with Panorama stitching that I have installed on my PC:
Microsoft Live Photo Gallery 2010
Microsoft Image Composite Editor
Hugin -- Open source, uses control points, not as automatic as the above two. I had a really tough alignment that the above two couldn't do, and because of the manual control points I was able to get it aligned. Can do the little world pictures.

I used content aware fill to fix it in 2 seconds. not the best but just a couple of clicks and it was done.
panorama.jpg

played around with a little color,
panoramab.jpg

Last edited:
What software did you use to stitch these together? I'm kind of surprised the software didn't fix the blending issue and the issue with the road not lining up.

Other free software with Panorama stitching that I have installed on my PC:
Microsoft Live Photo Gallery 2010
Microsoft Image Composite Editor
Hugin -- Open source, uses control points, not as automatic as the above two. I had a really tough alignment that the above two couldn't do, and because of the manual control points I was able to get it aligned. Can do the little world pictures.

No software. My camera has a panorama mode, you take one picture, then it ghosts the edge of the picture onto the screen so you can line up to take the second picture, then ghosts the edge of the 2nd image onto the screen so you can line up the 3rd picture.

With a tripod, or with close up images, it works well. But when you have no tripod, it's windy as all hell, and the mountains are off in the distance, it's hard to keep steady to line the ghost up.

I'd go up there again and take the picture with a tri-pod, but everything is dead now. :/ Even a day or two later, the foliage wasn't as good up there. It's a shame.

Ahh panorama mode on the camera.

For the future, since there isn't anything right in the foreground where the stitches would be you could take 3 pictures without using a tripod. You just need to leave a bit of extra room on the edges due to the need to crop the panorama that is made. The programs I listed will correct for the camera not being held perfectly level.

Here is a one minute edit. If I had full res, I could probably do better

p871461817.jpg

Back