Photoshop itx workstation

Hey folks, curious to know if I can get acceptable performance in Photoshop CS1 using an itx system.

here's the sticky:
1) What will you be doing with this PC? Gaming? Photoshop? Web browsing? etc
E-mail, Youtube HD, Photoshop CS1 - bitmap scanning and digital coloring, no video or hi res photography. If that matters.
2) What's your budget? Are tax and shipping included?
around 400 USD before tax and shipping,
3) Where do you live?
New York, I get almost everything from Newegg.
4) What exact parts do you need for that budget? CPU, RAM, case, etc. The word "Everything" is not a valid answer. Please list out all the parts you'll need.
Intel itx motherboard and cpu, or AMD itx motherboard and ram.
5) If reusing any parts, what parts will you be reusing? Please be especially specific about the power supply. List make and model.
This is my current build, but I would like to reuse as much of it as possible.
Athlon X3 435 2.9Ghz
2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1066
Corsair 520w modular, less than 3 years old.
GIGABYTE GV-R455D3-512I Radeon HD 4550 512MB 64-bit DDR3
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD502HJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB
Seagate Momentus 7200.4 ST9160412AS 160GB 7200 RPM 16MB
Hitachi 2.5 HDD 80gb 7200rpm
6) Will you be overclocking?
No
7) What size monitor do you have and/or plan to have?
Currently using 2 crt's a 17 and 19 in.
8) When do you plan on building/buying the PC?
Now
9) What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? etc.
None
10) Do you already have a legit and reusable/transferable OS key/license? If so, what OS? Is it 32bit or 64bit?
Will get a Win 7 64 os, there's no need to include that purchase in the budget.

I am using XP 32 right now, and that extra 4gb stick is not being used.
A case isn't an issue at this point, I'm more concerned about whether I can reuse a lot of parts.
Also I am currently using this motherboard if the question arises.
Can't think of anything else,
Thanks.

You can reuse every one of those parts (well except for the motherboard obviously). Just go with this ITX mobo and you'll be set:
$125 - Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe AMD 880G mITX Motherboard

You can reuse every one of those parts (well except for the motherboard obviously). Just go with this ITX mobo and you'll be set:
$125 - Asus M4A88T-I Deluxe AMD 880G mITX Motherboard

he would need ram too.. Remember the m4a88t-i uses sodimms.

That being said since you ahve the budget for it here is a little ram for ya..

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.
I've checked out that combination before, so at least now I know the parts I pick aren't ridiculous.
Can I trouble you guys to also pick an Intel cpu to go along with this mobo GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3.
Is it possible to get an equivalent to the Athlon 435 cpu that I have?

Hm well I don't know about the Intel equivalent of that CPU that you have. It comes down to a new motherboard and new so-dimm ram or a new motherboard and new CPU. It's probably cheaper to go with the Intel route if you go with an Intel CPU like an i3-540 (Microcenter!). Still using the CRT's eh? I have a 19" CRT I want to get rid of for free :X

Thanks for the responses, much appreciated.
I've checked out that combination before, so at least now I know the parts I pick aren't ridiculous.
Can I trouble you guys to also pick an Intel cpu to go along with this mobo GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3.
Is it possible to get an equivalent to the Athlon 435 cpu that I have?

Any of the quad core i5's will smoke the current CPU.

I already have 2 4gb sticks, unless you were referring to the speed. Then yeah, the 2 1333 sticks would be better than 2 1066 sticks. I guess.
One thing I had forgotten to mention is the Asus board only has three sata ports, while I only have three hdds right now,
I wanted add one or two more items down the line.
Unless I can use the internal usb headers for internal storage, for either a scratch disk or file storage. Or is this a bad idea.

Back