Photos of building my brother's rig (NOT 56k friendly)

Lone_Star_Lynch

Limp Gawd
Well we got this computer set up a couple weeks ago, but this has been delayed since I couldn't find the digi cam cord. Finally located it, so I decided I'd share some photos of me and my dad and stuff building the thing, and some other random stuff. Before you view these photos and diss the wire management, please note that during the [H]ard process of building this thing and getting it running, I did not care about wires at all. It actually wasn't that hard but whatever. More to come after this some time.

Yay boxes!
2zfilp3.jpg

The CPU went in first of all. Yeah that's me with the red shirt and you can see the Antec 900 at the bottom...
345hbba.jpg

2mooy85.jpg

Heatsink time. I look goony here but oh well
2usy8p3.jpg

Some motherboard pr0n...
40ov4oj.jpg

Then we went and celebrated!
2z3xnnr.jpg

Afterwards, my brother holds up the box for his case. Don't worry, we're all nerds here.
2ltkehf.jpg

Our cat for good measure
48om9av.jpg

More photos, and I just saw how dusty this thing is already. Tomorrow I'll blow it out organize the wires and get some cleaner pictures. To however buys the 900: this thing creates a black hole in your case. A black hole with a lot of space dust. The GPU idles at 32c usually.

2q06buf.jpg

2chqjcp.jpg

4c8j4i0.jpg

2unx8bp.jpg

700w for THAT? I run a similar rig with 380....

And biostar brand graphics card :rolleyes:

Evga+XFX !!!!!! here.

Anyhoo, looks fun.

Gautama said:
700w for THAT? I run a similar rig with 380....

And biostar brand graphics card :rolleyes:

This was just a bang for the buck PC, and I plan on keeping that PSU and mobo in there for some SLI G80 goodness next year. Probably the 8800 GTS or maybe GTX, since by then nvidia will probably have some good drivers out. At least, they'd better. That PSU has 2 PCI-E connectors, so more likely the GTS.

Another picture. I have quite a wealth of boxes now, and I plan to collect even more.
4csjfh5.jpg

Very nice rig. So what games are you guys planning to play over lan with those babies? Maybe some unreal!?!?!?!

I will be making some heavy use of compressed air very soon. And we play CS 1.6 at the moment until we can buy another copy Source for 19.99 on steam. And I only have CD 2 of ut2k4 :(

Ahh gingers....

Anyway nice build I guess.

I would pull the shot of you looking "goony". You are just waiting for a bad photoshop done of you posting it.

Well, go ahead and photoshop away, it will make me laugh lol. Anyway, I don't really have any other photos to post tonight, but anyone with the 900, similar parts to me, or any case and hardware for that matter can post their pictures telling the tale of their latest build.

Build looks good. Nice PSU, but overkill. Cut your hair short, like down to 1.5". And get new glasses. Look at "ic! berlin" frames.

Put the 900 on a stand or a shelf, with those front 120mms its picking up tons of dust from the carpet.

Why'd you buy a retail HD if it was bang for the buck?

Anyhoo, now its time for you to start overclocking :D

Nice advice from all of you, I like my hair but it's time for new glasses, I'll be getting new ones in a few weeks. My brother will also hopefully get a new desk soon but on his current one there's no where to put his case except under. What I could do is place a few slabs of wood underneath, and hopefully that would help with the dust. As for the filters, good idea. They cost what, like 99 cents for a huge piece that I can just cut up on my own? Anywho, stupid me forgot to order the hard drive on Newegg, didn't think we would need one, but my dad had the idea to go serial ATA. The PSU is great so far, no problems at all, and it looks neat too.

Any tips by 900 owners on wire management?

Man, when I was your age, the only thing I knew about computers was that you could download Pron on them. Kudos to you man. Kudos.

Danny Bui said:
Man, when I was your age, the only thing I knew about computers was that you could download Pron on them. Kudos to you man. Kudos.

Thank you. :) I knew you could download pron since I was six or seven, but instead I played Half Life.... :p

Back