Phones and devices in your household

Mistral

Limp Gawd
So which phones and other portable (non laptop) devices do you physically have within your home right now? Even those collecting dust somewhere are counted. Or do you only have the most current devices and everything else is retired out of your view?

Mine;

Smartphones
- LG G4
Love it. In fact since my current laptops are all overheating so badly or otherwise in ageing turmoil, this has become my primary working device (which feels strange)

Feature/Dumphones
- Nokia 2720 Fold
- Nokia C2-01
- Nokia 1650
The flip I actually just recently purchased used, to perform as secondary phone - well in fact as primary, as call me crazy but I actually prefer to do my calls and actual phone stuff with these old farts, rather than with smartphone that is clunky to handle and feels more like mini laptop. Battery keeps alive for long too so you can forget charging it. So yes I do move around with two phones most of the time. As for the other two Nokias, they are just old leftovers still hanging in the box for some reason. The C2 isn't too bad except for quite exhausted battery I guess. Apart from those the only two other phones I've actually ever personally owned before were Nokia 6100 and Nokia 3310, (nostalgia) so yeah not only have I upgraded extremely rarely but I still own most of those few lol.

Tablets
- Archos 48
Well if you can really call it tablet, it's more like hybrid between old Gen media devices, and the very first internet tablets. It's not that great, as I already told you on the other thread, and I might just finally take it out of misery soon.

Other portable devices
- IPod Nano 7th Gen
- Nintendo DS mini
- Creative Zen Vision W
IPod for music & audiobooks and (2008 bought) DS for random rare gaming, self explanatory. The Creative offline media device, that one has been hanging around since 2006 and surprisingly still working after exhausting drainage during the years, holding onto it for nostalgic purposes I guess. It was quite marvelous sight back in the day, remember my best friend calling it UFO device. Which is kinda funny remark today with the changed scene in portable media landscape

Not gonna start listing stuff I've thrown out since this thread isn't about that really, but it's not that exhausting list now that I start to think about it. Updating rarely and taking everything out of old tech until they melt in your hands seem to have effect

Last edited:
Phones:
- Google Nexus 5 - my "old" phone
- Lumia 640 - my new phone
- Moto G (2013) - wife's phone
Stopped using the Nexus 5 because the battery isn't able to hold a charge all day anymore, the power button seems to be freaking out and causing the device to restart and fail to turn on without smacking the phone a few times, and the camera lens shimmies back and forth during video recording which makes for some odd footage. Enjoying the Lumia and Windows Phone 8.1 so far, though I do occasionally miss having some of the Google services. I don't use a lot of apps on my phone: I really just want a decent web browser, email, SMS, and the ability to make calls, so any mobile OS would probably suit me just fine. The Lumia was $100 off contract which made it an easy choice. Nexus 5 will be on eBay whenever I stop being lazy.

Tablet-ish:
- Microsoft Surface 3 (with type cover and dock, used as laptop, tablet, desktop depending on need)
Excellent device! I do wish I'd sprung for the SP3, or waited for the SP4, but this is still a great tablet/laptop/PC for what my wife and I use it for.

Other:
- Kindle Paperwhite (original model)
- New Nintendo 3DSXL
- Playstation Vita (OLED model)
Anyone want to buy a Vita?

Seriously considering the Lumia 950. If the camera is as good as what I've heard about previous high-end Lumia cameras, then that may be my next phone.

Phones:
Oneplus One
iPhone 6s
iPhone 5s
Moto G
Nexus 4 (cracked screen)
Galaxy Nexus (emergency backup)

Tablets:
iPad Air
(2x) iPad 2

Other:
PSP
SanDisk Sansa

4x lumia phones
2x dell venue 7 pro
1x dell venue 11 pro security
2x dell vostro laptops
2 home grown desktops
Wii U
Wii
Game Cube
PS2
PS3
Xbox 360

Droid Turbo
Amazon Fire
Galaxy S4
Kindle fire
Kindle Fire HD 7
2013 Nexus 7
OG Kindle
Kindle paper white
3DS XL
LeapPad2

Phone:
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4 x3
iPhone 4S x 2
iPhone 5 x 3
iPhone 5S x 2
iPhone 6 x 3
HTC G1
EVO 4G
HTC Thunderbolt
Nexus One
HD2
Touch Pro 2
Galaxy S, S2, S3
Galaxy Note 2,3
Galaxy Nexus
Nexus S
Nexus 4
Xperia Z2
Droid X
Droid 1
Droid 2 Global

Tablets:
iPad 1
Amazon Fire HD
iPad Air
Tab S 10.5
Surface Pro 2
iPad Mini 4

Laptops:
MSI GS60
Sony Vaio Duo 11 and 13
Macbook Pro mid 2008

Portable Gaming:
New 3DS Xl
3DS XL
PSP
PS Vita

Most of them are in a box somewhere in my new house. iPhones are because I buy my parents new iPhones every year as gifts and they give me back their old ones every year.

Phones:
Nexus 6 (mine)
Note Edge (wife's)
Nexus 5 - cracked screen but serving surveillance cam duty

Tablets:
Two HP Stream 8's
Nexus 10

Laptops:
Dell i5 something or another (wife)
AcerAspire 1410 (mine)

Desktops:
See sig

Media Devices:
Viewsonic VOT 132 - HTPC
Raspberry Pi - HTPC
WD Live - media duties

Gaming:
Original SNES
Xbox One
Original Gameboy
Sega Nomad

Other portable devices:
Nook e-ink ereader
Nook 7" color ereader/tablet
iPod video (car duty)
Creative Zen Pebble (gym duty)
Moto 360 watch (wife's)
Fitbit (wife's)

Phone:
Amazon Fire Phone
Asus New Padfone Infinity
HTC One M7
Xperia Z1 Compact x2
Xperia Z3 Compact
Galaxy S2
Galaxy S3
Galaxy S4
Galaxy S5
Galaxy Note 2
Galaxy Note 3
Galaxy Note 4
Nexus 4
Nexus 5
Nexus 6
iPhone 2G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4S x2
iPhone 5S x2
iPhone 6 x3
iPhone 6S
iPhone 6S+

Tablet:
Amazon Fire Tablet
Asus EEE Pad Transformer
Asus New PadFone Infinity Tablet
iPad Retina
iPad Air 2

I'm kinda shocked at the lists some of you have presented. If I'm not using it, I tend to get rid of my mobile devices once I've moved on to something else.

My current collection:

iPhone 6+
Galaxy Note 5
Nexus 7 tablet
MBP Retina 13"

Last week, I sold two iPads (Air 2, Mini 2) that had been sitting unused for a few months. Paid off the Note 5 with the cash, so now I flip between it and the 6+. I'd say it's about 75/25 in favor of the iPhone. All I do with the Nexus is read and stream video. MBP is my travel companion.

Phones:
Z1 - but it's getting upgraded to iPhone 6s Plus 64gb

Tablets:
S8-50f lenovo - nice, cheap device to watch some videos and read books.
Lenovo Miix2 - the hybrid windows device I treat as mobile typewriter for my work, when I'm too lazy to carry the heavy laptop. It has okay performance and works well as mobile typewriter / web browser.

I just have a LG G3, no tablets or anything else. The G3 has been real solid, really is a great device.

Back