Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX Glass

Discussion in 'Cases & Case Modding' started by Nehemz, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Nehemz

Nehemz n00b

EDIT: The Phanteks page for this case is UP at http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-mATX-TemperedGlass.html

There's a new Enthoo Evolv thats gonna be released on this month. A certain someone in the Phanteks forum said that he emailed Phanteks about the case.

For those who are wondering, Its the first case that Dmitri showed when he went to the CES Phanteks booth, along with the Project 217.

[​IMG]

And its a far better version of the original Enthoo Evolv mATX.

[​IMG]

They moved the usb and audio from the side to the top part of the case with its own cover, like the one that the ATX version has.

[​IMG]

They also got rid of the metal plate that is attached on the sides meant for small water cooling reservoir and pump or SSDs that made the original Enthoo Evolv mATX have a smaller side window, which made it the ugliest among its series. You can see it in Hardware Canucks video that the case is lacking the screws for it on the sides inside the case.

[​IMG]

Also, Black Film on the Side Panel to hide your messy cables.

And RGB comes along with it!!!

[​IMG]

Top cover is screwed in, so you can grab the top to carry it around. The original isnt screwed in so it will fall off when you grab it by the top.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] [H]ard|Gawd

most of these features are part of the new ATX Enthoo as well.

God I love this case. I'll have to talk myself out of buying one of these and migrating my HTPC over.

3. DoubleTap

DoubleTap 2[H]4U

The original is oos everywhere except one or two in white.

I kind of like the side panel and rear bay.

4. AltTabbins

AltTabbins [H]ard as it Gets

Looks great. I love my full size version. I think the back panel was a good idea, im not sure how I feel yet about the glass on the back of mine showing off my shoddy rear cable management.

5. Guarana [BAWLS]

Guarana [BAWLS] [H]ard|Gawd

I've been contemplating visiting a car glass shop and having them throw some tint on the inside of my back panel.

AltTabbins likes this.
  6. AltTabbins

AltTabbins [H]ard as it Gets

It should be easy and cheap. One of the huge benefits of having a completely removable glass panel.

7. WhiteRice

WhiteRice Limp Gawd

Fingers crossed for any mitx version.

8. DoubleTap

DoubleTap 2[H]4U

Dmitri has a video:

Tweaktown has a review:
    http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8145/phanteks-evolv-matx-micro-tower-chassis-review/index.html

They both like it, but I think they went backwards in a few areas:

1. Original had a large (200mm?) fan up front
    2. Original had a unique rear facing 5.25 bay (removable for radiator fitment)
    3. Original might have had better top air flow, but that's not clear to me.

On the other hand, they supposedly improved airflow through the front panel on the new one.

I can just see my 4yr old opening that left side door every time he comes in here...

9. Ralphort

Ralphort n00b

Phanteks should have at least increase the width of the case. The recessed front cover takes up a lot of space that could have been used to put the dual 120 mm intake fans. It limits the thickness of radiator that you can put if you're going to use longer video cards (10.5" & up), so also no push & pull here. There's plenty of space below the top cover but still not enough to put the exhaust fans outside of the case (you have to put it on the inside). I remembered Bill Owen (mnpctech) talking about this on his review of the original case. There's also an obvious rebound effect if using high-speed fans on top. Even with the optional optical drive bay gone, it's still hard to put a thicker radiator on the top without hitting the top end of the front radiator. Just like its predecessor, this case in not really optimized for water cooling. Mainly cosmetics changes but build quality remains top notch. Good case for AIO water cooling set up, still not for custom water cooling build.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2017