Phanteks Enthoo Evolv mATX Glass

Nehemz

n00b
EDIT: The Phanteks page for this case is UP at http://www.phanteks.com/Enthoo-Evolv-mATX-TemperedGlass.html

There's a new Enthoo Evolv thats gonna be released on this month. A certain someone in the Phanteks forum said that he emailed Phanteks about the case.

For those who are wondering, Its the first case that Dmitri showed when he went to the CES Phanteks booth, along with the Project 217.

Wb3BmDV.png

And its a far better version of the original Enthoo Evolv mATX.

UhCzcZF.png

They moved the usb and audio from the side to the top part of the case with its own cover, like the one that the ATX version has.

i8ebhpm.png

They also got rid of the metal plate that is attached on the sides meant for small water cooling reservoir and pump or SSDs that made the original Enthoo Evolv mATX have a smaller side window, which made it the ugliest among its series. You can see it in Hardware Canucks video that the case is lacking the screws for it on the sides inside the case.

4LUA7iG.png

Also, Black Film on the Side Panel to hide your messy cables.

And RGB comes along with it!!!

H5NrsVp.png

Top cover is screwed in, so you can grab the top to carry it around. The original isnt screwed in so it will fall off when you grab it by the top.

Last edited:
most of these features are part of the new ATX Enthoo as well.

God I love this case. I'll have to talk myself out of buying one of these and migrating my HTPC over.

The original is oos everywhere except one or two in white.

I kind of like the side panel and rear bay.

Looks great. I love my full size version. I think the back panel was a good idea, im not sure how I feel yet about the glass on the back of mine showing off my shoddy rear cable management.

Looks great. I love my full size version. I think the back panel was a good idea, im not sure how I feel yet about the glass on the back of mine showing off my shoddy rear cable management.
I've been contemplating visiting a car glass shop and having them throw some tint on the inside of my back panel.

Dmitri has a video:

Tweaktown has a review:
http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/8145/phanteks-evolv-matx-micro-tower-chassis-review/index.html

They both like it, but I think they went backwards in a few areas:

1. Original had a large (200mm?) fan up front
2. Original had a unique rear facing 5.25 bay (removable for radiator fitment)
3. Original might have had better top air flow, but that's not clear to me.

On the other hand, they supposedly improved airflow through the front panel on the new one.

I can just see my 4yr old opening that left side door every time he comes in here...

Back