Petition for Spaceman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Dec 9, 2000
Messages
16,315
Spaceman had a Tiff with an admin/mod and resulted in him being perma banned
(not really sure what happened but from knowing him a bit I can't see this being something typical of spaceman)

from talking to spaceman recently, and going through some of his threads, I've come to know that he is a very helpful and a good person all around

he contributes a great deal to this sub-forum , and I imagine anywhere else where his experience and knowledge can help out.

he even ordered some headphones for me to save me $40 on shipping from the US and did all the work himself in testing and re-shipping them without asking for anything,

I would like to get him unbanned please! here is my petition! Sign here!!

DigitalViper-X-(been here since like, the time of some guy named fly on the front page :) )
 
Ah- whoops. :embarassed: Still, seems as though it was his own decision.
 
Ah- whoops. :embarassed: Still, seems as though it was his own decision.

From what I understood it wasn't really his choice, and it was possibly done in the moment of frustration

I still think it's a great loss and I don't think spaceman wants to leave ^^
 
He's still around at other forums, I'm sure. I imagine that if anyone should want his opinion on something, they can always wander over to Head-Fi.

It sucks, but that's life. The most active members of the CA sub tend to come and go, for various reasons, and this is really no different.
 
He's still around at other forums, I'm sure. I imagine that if anyone should want his opinion on something, they can always wander over to Head-Fi.

It sucks, but that's life. The most active members of the CA sub tend to come and go, for various reasons, and this is really no different.

That doesn't mean we should lose someone valuable on [H] Forums =p
 
Oh no, he's the reason I sold off my Z-5500s and upgraded. I thought he was eventually going to become an admin for this subforum. Hopefully all works out :(
 
The member who raked him over the coals need anger management classes. I read the IM conversation. Very nasty..Of coure the thread disappeared.
 
Yeah, I also caught that thread before it was removed. Pretty unpleasant, to say the least. I, too, appreciated spaceman's contributions. I learned a lot and made a few purchases based on his recommendations. Tough to lose such a great resource, and a cool guy, but these things happen.

I had a huge falling out a few years ago over on NotebookForums.com. I got into a heated back and forth with one of the site's creators. When I exposed him for the idiot he was, I got banned. After some offline discussion I was asked to return, but never did. I just lost any interest in dealing with those people and moved on.

So, I invite all of spaceman's fans to join me in proclaiming...

"Long live spaceman!! Farewell to a great contributor!!!!" :D
 
Yes, come back spaceman!!! I bought a dac because of you and broke down and got the av123's instead of just some cheap bookshelfs. We need you!
 
Common mods :( this is not cool

to get rid of someone who is active and a great contributor makes no sense, there are a lot of idiots around there, but Spaceman is not one of them
 
Yes I bought the 525's av123's. They don't ship till the 19th since the gizmo takes a couple weeks to mod or something.
 
Common mods :( this is not cool

to get rid of someone who is active and a great contributor makes no sense, there are a lot of idiots around there, but Spaceman is not one of them

I've been banned from a few forums for no good reason myself including ones I'd been around for years (I used to write guides, lengthy posts, etc. on forums to help people... now I just send them to sites from time to time or don't bother). Speaking from experience, if it happens, you don't really give a crud to help provide content to that forum for free and help them prosper. I'm going to have to echo the comments of others and just say if you want to talk with him, find a forum he's on, I'm sure he has no ill feelings toward members.

(Note: I did not catch the thread or anything related to his banning, so this is just my post based on comments in this thread. Whether or not his banning was justified, my post above is not commenting on that. I've been around for about 7.5 years (my username got deleted in the purge when I took a month off)).
 
I've been banned from a few forums for no good reason myself including ones I'd been around for years (I used to write guides, lengthy posts, etc. on forums to help people... now I just send them to sites from time to time or don't bother). Speaking from experience, if it happens, you don't really give a crud to help provide content to that forum for free and help them prosper. I'm going to have to echo the comments of others and just say if you want to talk with him, find a forum he's on, I'm sure he has no ill feelings toward members.

(Note: I did not catch the thread or anything related to his banning, so this is just my post based on comments in this thread. Whether or not his banning was justified, my post above is not commenting on that. I've been around for about 7.5 years (my username got deleted in the purge when I took a month off)).


I'm more optimistic =)
 
The member who raked him over the coals need anger management classes. I read the IM conversation. Very nasty..Of coure the thread disappeared.

That's really really lame. Hahaha. Well, good thing I stopped visiting and posting on this site too much. Waste of a time if it's going to be as lame as banning a great member like spaceman.
 
Mods won't like me saying this but banning is not all that effective in the end because it is easy enough to just create a new account. Even IP banning is ineffective because of free proxy servers.

I prefer Usenet because you can say as you please and no one can do a thing about it but most people post on forums now so I am forced to try and be more civil with people even when I would rather have a good old flame war.
 
I always felt he was rather arrogant and set in his ways

but I'll admit, he was one very helpful and insightful person

a very nice addition to this subforum, in some way.. he will be missed

I say bring 'em back.
 
blah that sucks. He was the poster who helped me the most.

Hoping spaceman comes back ...
 
Go join headfi.org. He posts there sometimes and you will find lots more help on audio there than here too. Here is ok but there is better for audio related gear.
 
Problem at head-fi is that people are way more serious about their audio setups (generally, there are exceptions) and thus spend way more money. The majority of people here are looking for a step or two above the typical Logitech/Klipsch setups but not into anything fancy, such as DACs, $200 power cords, etc.

FYI: His s/n there is 'spacemanspliff' I think, just in case you wanted to track him down there.
 
That's not a problem. People there ask about ~$100 setups all the time. And people chip in to make sure they got a good setup for that ~$100.
 
Lame, IMO Spaceman was one of the best contributors in this subforum.
Banning is childish E-thugging in a situation like this.
 
Oh this sucks - spaceman was the very reason why i signed up and who really made me realise i could achieve a life away from sucky logitech's ¬_¬

Soooo..."Long live spaceman!! Farewell to a great contributor!!!!"
 
Spaceman could be a prick, just like so many other people on this and every Internet forum. Unlike many of those other pricks, though, he was actually very helpful. I'm sad to see him go.

"Long live spaceman!! Farewell to a great contributor!!!!"
 
I have an PM that states he wanted his account closed and I obliged him. He was not banned, so save your petitions and go save the whales or something. This issue is closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top