Performance-PCs Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Devonshire said:
i just read that amanda is just for overclocking.

sounds like ninja is better if youre not overclocking.

Oh, definately. I just haven't found many people who haven't built their system with the throught of NOT overclocking it. For the normal user, Ninja Rev B is great.

Local LANners.... I will once again be at Gamers HQ this Saturday starting at 6pm. They are on the corner of Malabar and Babcock. The first three ORIGINAL G70's will be there; "Levell0rd", "LadyBlaze", and "Tr!pleCr()wn" will be in attendance as well as At0micHawk just to name a few. This is a special invitation to Romeo Barrera. Be sure not to miss this event!

So Levellord please tell us of the new cube case from Lian Li. I want to see what you guys can do with this bad boy. It is between that and a Mountain Mods for me. Tell us if you can easily put a PA 120.3 in there.

From here you can see where i hide my wires etc
IMAG0241.jpg

I have tried my best with the PSU wires.
IMAG0240.jpg

E6600 and X1900XT
IMAG0239.jpg

Looks like you can see stright through it!
IMAG0077-1.jpg

Thermaltake UV 120mm fan and UV memory slot covers
IMAG0236.jpg

Looks better when looking at it than it does on this Pic
IMAG0238.jpg

still needs some work, my cam is crap and it doesn't pick up the UV lighting very well

Still to come

LCD front pannel and black sound proofing (try to hide some more wires)

These Core2Duo CPUs are fast!

Bucken said:
So Levellord please tell us of the new cube case from Lian Li. I want to see what you guys can do with this bad boy. It is between that and a Mountain Mods for me. Tell us if you can easily put a PA 120.3 in there.

Sure thing. We should be getting them in the next couple weeks or so. I'll be sure to post as soon as we get them!

Levell0rd said:
Local LANners.... I will once again be at Gamers HQ this Saturday starting at 6pm. They are on the corner of Malabar and Babcock. The first three ORIGINAL G70's will be there; "Levell0rd", "LadyBlaze", and "Tr!pleCr()wn" will be in attendance as well as At0micHawk just to name a few. This is a special invitation to Romeo Barrera. Be sure not to miss this event!

Thanks for the personal invite. I'm in York, PA this week, but I'll be back for the weekend. I even brought my SFF mini rig with me up here. Too bad the hotel's bandwidth sucks, can't even play anything online. I ordered the Sugo carrying case for my Micro-Fly. If you guys could bring it Saturday in case I do make it, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll stop by Monday AM and grab it.

I didn't have the time to watercool this time around, but I did mod it caes to take the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro.

I hope we'll be playing BF2 ;) I don't have CSS :(

MassiveOverkill said:
Thanks for the personal invite. I'm in York, PA this week, but I'll be back for the weekend. I even brought my SFF mini rig with me up here. Too bad the hotel's bandwidth sucks, can't even play anything online. I ordered the Sugo carrying case for my Micro-Fly. If you guys could bring it Saturday in case I do make it, I'd appreciate it. Otherwise I'll stop by Monday AM and grab it.

I didn't have the time to watercool this time around, but I did mod it caes to take the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro.

I hope we'll be playing BF2 ;) I don't have CSS :(

Computers are provided. They all have CSS on them so you don't need to worry about that. I not sure what all else they have on them, but I know they have a lot of games. I can get you member pricing if you say you're with me. ;)

Hey level would you like to check what your work looks like completed with internal components? Well here you go:

:cool: :) :D

Its nice. I do see lots of wires inside though.

im going to have the wires run the other side & the only thing you would see is the hardwares.

Spartan611 said:
Hey level would you like to check what your work looks like completed with internal components? Well here you go:

:cool: :) :D

You need to get some serious cable management on that case.....Is that a Lian Li PC7B? Great case, BTW.

Well mine will be PC-7B.
with 4x 120mm fans & 1x 250mm fan on the side panel.

Im kinda anxious to see what it will look like.

I'll post pictures of your's Devonshire as soon as I get finished. You want worklog pictures too?

Well, at first glance, this is an extremely overprice mid-tower. I still have no intentions of purchasing one of these so don't get me wrong. However, the price starts to come into focus when you truly realize everything that goes into making one of these cases. The first thing that struck me was the how heavy this thing is. I would compare this to a TJ07 and obviously much smaller than the 07. Well, I had work to do so I got right to it.

I needed to drill a 120mm side intake hole. I'm not impressed with how the window is held into a setback from the inside of the case but it did serve it's purpose. This allowed the window to move and flex more than I would have liked while I was drilling it.

The second item up with a window Applique; Chinese Dragon. Went on with no problems so I'll just skip right over this. It is in the pictures.

Next was casters. Well, I measured out my holes and got the drill out. I was going to tap these holes so that I could simply screw the casters into the bottom of the case. I've used this method on every other case I've done including the 07. Well, on the first hole, I get to nearly the point where I reverse the drill and come back when the bit locks up and snaps off. Crap.... I remove the piece stuck in the case and decide to simply use the screws and nuts that come with the casters and not risk another bit. I complete the casters and all was well again.

Next on the chopping block was a set of handles. After having to actually remove the bottom section of the case to get the bit out, I thought it a good idea to remove the top portion to install the handles. That's right. This case comes COMPLETELY apart using hex-head bolts. Do I hear a custom paint job coming?? Handles went on with no trouble and all was well.

The next great idea that popped up was a radiator grill. I mark everything out and start drilling. I attempt to step down off of the step I was on and tilted the drill a little too much... SNAP goes my funnel bit. CRAP.... I break out another and make sure not to move. I have all holes drilled and now nothing left but to jig it. Ladies and gentle[H]ards, you've all seen my comments about not using a dremel when you should use other tools. Please head my warnings, keep your dremels away from this case. They will commit suicide when cutting through this .5cm solid aluminum top. They will literally try and kill themselves, they told me so. ;) Well, like a hot knife through concrete, I continued to cut. The center dropped out with a tremendous *BANG*. I then spent the next 10 minutes scaring co-workers by dropping this hunk of metal on the floor behind them. After the goofing period was done I was back to work. Dremeled smooth and installed the grill.

Installed all the fans and I now have the finished product. We test fit everything with a Silencer 850 installed. Enough of me, bring on the pictures!!

dsc00804wr2.jpg

dsc00798kn5.jpg

dsc00799ni0.jpg

dsc00800aa6.jpg

dsc00801kv2.jpg

dsc00803wz9.jpg

dsc00802kf1.jpg

level can you give us a little info and what color was it....black!!!
And what did ya think about it????

I had to leave just as the cases were getting dropped off the semi-trailer. We have both colors. Supposedly 24 cases left Silverstone. We got 18, both colors. I'll try and have one out of the box next week.

Bah, I'll have to wait until Monday to meet my G70. Arrived in my city this morning at 1:21 a.m. but didn't make it to me today :(

Asus P5N32-SLI Premium
Intel Core Duo 2 Extreme X6800 @ 4.2ghz
4gb Corsair XMS2 @840mhz 5-5-5-18
2x 150gb Western Digital Raptor-X ADHD in RAID-0
2x XFX 7950GX2 Xtreme in Quad-SLI @ 600/1600
Creative Labs X-Fi Fatality

Lian-li PC70b
Mushkin Enhanced 650w
Asetek Vapochill Lightspeed
2x DangerDen GX2 GPU blocks
Iwaki 20RLZ @ 1/2" Tygon
BIX III

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4718/sentinel1xy5.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9164/sentinel2fy4.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5107/sentinel4vr0.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9636/sentinel3mv3.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6637/sentinel5zb0.jpg

Bucken said:
Is that a joke or is Levellord really banned? That would truly suck.

What the hell, why is he banned? He was such a nice guy. I demand an explanation! :mad:

Please don't ban me...

EDIT: I just saw this in his sig "Dealer - Does not like our FSFT rules. KB"

I guess he is banned for doing something in the For Sale/For Trade forums. NO! This thread will surely die without him.

Grayscale said:
Asus P5N32-SLI Premium
Intel Core Duo 2 Extreme X6800 @ 4.2ghz
4gb Corsair XMS2 @840mhz 5-5-5-18
2x 150gb Western Digital Raptor-X ADHD in RAID-0
2x XFX 7950GX2 Xtreme in Quad-SLI @ 600/1600
Creative Labs X-Fi Fatality

Lian-li PC70b
Mushkin Enhanced 650w
Asetek Vapochill Lightspeed
2x DangerDen GX2 GPU blocks
Iwaki 20RLZ @ 1/2" Tygon
BIX III

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/4718/sentinel1xy5.jpg
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/9164/sentinel2fy4.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5107/sentinel4vr0.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/9636/sentinel3mv3.jpg
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/6637/sentinel5zb0.jpg

Did you rob a bank?????
Or cash in all your frequent flyer miles???
That's some serious cash.
Too bad about Levellord.....having him here was nice. It kept me current about what PPcs had in the store.

levellord is banned? :mad: what a joke that is! i guess i have no reason to visit this forum now since i came here to check this thread and the lian-li gallery only. :(

BRING BACK LEVELLORD!

I'll tell him your message. He's not able to post anymore since he has been banned. Something related to the "For Sale" Forum.

MatDef said:
Nooooooooo.

Please don't permaban him, I love this thread. :(

Well I feel just like you do.. I love this thread alot too !!! :(
Maybe we can get together and ask klye to please let him back..

Kyle Bennett if your checking this post please let LevelLord come back..I really think He may have made a dumb mistake and I hope you can forgive him..
I know I dont know all the info..but please give him another chance

Please.. thanks

Darkside :cool:

Hey.....to err is human, to forgive......devine.
Ive made the EBay mistake ,too. But quickly apologized and begged for forgiveness.Plus I didnt read the rule closely......
But Ive never had such an excellent thread as this, worthy of another chance I'd think,eh???

I wouldnt have my most excellent Lian-Li if it wasnt for this thread!!!! :D

I wouldnt have my most excellent Lian-Li if it wasnt for this thread!!!!

Same here :D
I bought my case alittle while back because of this thread..I love the info and help and...Pictures :D..I love the pictures of new lian-li levellord shows in his workshop of Lian-Li and stuff here... :)

Considering how popular this thread is maybe LevelL0rd should get his own website/messageboard? Just a suggestion anyway. :D

Due to LL being banned, I'm going to close this thread. If he is allowed back at some point, I'll reopen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back