• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

perfect color

Noobkiller

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 11, 2006
Messages
102
I'm working on a gamers' website. I need to know whats the perfect background and font color for the website. Here's the logo to help
Web Logo.jpg
 
Noted: Change Text
But as it looks now, what do you think should be the background and font color for the website.
 
Different variations of blue/grey. If the background is dark enough, white text.
 
Why not it is a neutral color and, if you tinge it towards the blue side, then it is kind to the eyes. Here is proof. Just a quickie color pick in CS. It is grey with only a bit of blue.
93762485-L.jpg
 
If I were to do a blue/gray site w/ white text...for gamers...I'd go with a color scheme like this:

color.jpg
 
are you making a banner?
if so, the text is just too much. the play button is rediculusly huge and the gradient is a bit much. The white outline, combined with the font makes it really difficult to read unless you know what you are trying to read (i.e. I know it says "pariah's guild", but had I not, it would be difficult to read in one scan).

I'm trying to be over critical, but if you want a page that will be viewed repeatedly (having a "sticky" web page), you cannot have an overly "in your face" page. Think about all the pages you go to normally...look at styles they generally deploy.
 
everyone's complaining about the text, So what text formatt do U suggest? and yes this is just the web banner fark_manic and thank U for the comments anyway.
 
Joves said:
Why not it is a neutral color and, if you tinge it towards the blue side, then it is kind to the eyes. Here is proof. Just a quickie color pick in CS. It is grey with only a bit of blue.
[IMG=this one!]http://Joves.smugmug.com/photos/93762485-L.jpg[/IMG]
I like that a lot. Very neat.
 
I'm not a too big of a fan of the whole thing honestly, it's too much for the eyes.

Tone down on the use of red, especially for the button. Soften the glow around it and change the color. Possibly use more black than red, and just use it as a highlight as saan44 did.
 
Rofl-Mic-Lofl said:
Link to the guild site noobkiller?
dude it's still under construction. But i'll pm everyone to let you guys know when it's up. it should be ready by this sept.
 
Hi guys
the site is now open, there still somethings that need to be fix though, but hoping to fix them today. Dont forget to join the forums, the site support clans now, although you don't need to register to post the forums
www.pariahs-guild.yfma.com
 
Back
Top