Perc 6/IR - anyone using one of these for a simple HBA?

tojoski

Weaksauce
I did some searching and I can find a few references to the Perc 6/I, but not the 6/IR.

From digging around on the web it seems this card is a 1068e based controller that supports raid 0,1 and jbod.

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/power/ps2q08-20080312-Dixit.pdf

These look like a good option for whs or a zfs server ( haven't decided which direction i'm going ), and can be had on ebay for under $50.

Just curious, anyone running one?

bump.... no one?

Guess I'll pick one up and let you guys know how it does..

I got the card today.

I won't have access to my cables until this evening to actually test it with a drive, but I plugged in here at the office, and had to cover the B5 and B6 to get it to work in a Gigabyte GA-P55-USB3.

Once I covered the pins with tape, I was able to get into the card's bios no problem.

On a side note, I wonder if its possible to simply cut the traces going to B5 and B6? Seems like a more permanent solution, and you don't have to worry about the tape coming off in your pci-e slot.

i have had issues with HBA on WHS Vail.... with my Supermicro MV8s

what OS?

Well, it works just fine in my Tyan s5220 board without covering the pins.and reports the drives directly to whs as disks.

I didn't have to configure anything in the card's bios.

At $30 for a 8 port HBA based on the LSI 1068e, I'm going to be picking up a couple more of these..

Back