Penryns hitting retail in a few hours?

Penryn's should be hitting retail in a few hours from now right? Or am I mistaken?
Just wanted to confirm :)

As far as I know they start selling the QX9650 this coming monday. All others are supposed to come in a few months.

yay that'll hopefully drop the princes of some of the other CPU's

Dont bet on it, if they are only releasing the Extreme CPU the other prices probably wont budge.

yup, only hope for a decent price break is a very competitively priced 2.3-2.4ghz Phenom x4 in the next couple weeks, but i dont think AMD can afford to hit a low enough price point on those unless they're really desperate to move more people to AM2 before Penryn hits with full force next year

Intel will have to lower the prices of celerons to compete with the new AMD :D

the lowest end is $160 i believe, for those wanting to know.

yup, only hope for a decent price break is a very competitively priced 2.3-2.4ghz Phenom x4 in the next couple weeks, but i dont think AMD can afford to hit a low enough price point on those unless they're really desperate to move more people to AM2 before Penryn hits with full force next year

is the phenum supposed to be faster than the current midrange C2Q like the q6600 and q6700 because you can pick up a q6600 right now for a lot less that the phenum x4 2.4ghz which is supposed to be over $400

is the phenum supposed to be faster than the current midrange C2Q like the q6600 and q6700 because you can pick up a q6600 right now for a lot less that the phenum x4 2.4ghz which is supposed to be over $400

They are going to be close in preformace(A bench I saw showed a ~10% deficit to AMD), except for encoding where Penryn will rule totally and take no prisoners ;)

whether or not it'll be faster i cant say, but with a nice enough pricepoint it'll be a competitive buy. the pricing ive seen suggest a 2.3ghz in the $278

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1238457

which i wouldnt consider competitive, assuming equivalent performance. so like i said, amd probably wont be able to sell these at low enough prices unless they get very desperate, but there's also the possibility that this is a performance chip that's worth the extra cash. i guess we'll see

They are going to be close in preformace(A bench I saw showed a ~10% deficit to AMD), except for encoding where Penryn will rule totally and take no prisoners

until you OC them both (or at least try to OC the AMD) and then compare them again ;)

And no I dont hate AMD, more disappointed than anything else.

This is kind of like the $25,000 dessert that was in the news yesterday - some fantastically overpriced bauble that says "Hey look at me" - not that there wont be a few people to run out and spend $1400 on a CPU - some always want the best - but for MOST of us it just to tease us till March when we will be able to buy 90%+ of that performance for 15% of the cost.

f*ck this shit, these people think that all we do is work to buy new computers? Jezus Christ. why do you let them rip us off like this.

f*ck intel f*ck amd, f*ck computers and the f*cking overpriced pieces of shit.

they want us to believe that without all this new hardware, we wont be able to play anything new etc etc.

you f*cking put $1000 into a good build right now and the next thing you know, it's old tech after 6 months

f*ck this monopoly
f*ck bush
f*ck chavez

sorry,i was too emotional.. i editted...

but come on ... i'm not a father yet, but imagine yourself if i have 2 or 3 children and they all need computers for school, 2 of them like playing games etc etc ..

a nice computer that could handle stuff well, would be almost a month's salery for MOST people.

so what is this? only RICH people that can afford $2,500 or so every 5 month are allowed to ENJOY this?
why make a game like crysis that demands SO much? just to make people go out and buy more hardware?
the game could be as good,as fun but with less demand.

this is definately BS ...

you know, there are other settings that "Ultra Super ExTREEEEMM" in games these days, and you can enjoy them just as much.

but come on ... i'm not a father yet, but imagine yourself if i have 2 or 3 children and they all need computers for school, 2 of them like playing games etc etc ..

a nice computer that could handle stuff well, would be almost a month's salery for MOST people.

so what is this? only RICH people that can afford $2,500 or so every 5 month are allowed to ENJOY this?
why make a game like crysis that demands SO much? just to make people go out and buy more hardware?

No it's called economics. It's not Intel's fault that you aren't willing to spend more money on a processor than you are or that you don't make enough money to afford it. However don't worry, they'll deliver cheaper Penryns soon enough. Would you prefer that all FPS shooters look like Doom so they can be done in Flash so that every computer could run them? Probably not. If you can't afford something there is no sense whining about it. There are plenty of things I can't afford and I accept that for the moment those items are beyond my grasp. I can either live with that or work on doing something about it and attempt to reach goals that will help me attain the things I desire that are beyond my reach now.

As for the Penryn processors only the Extreme Edition is going to command $999-$1199 or so. The rest of the Penryns once released will be much more economical for the masses. Additionally most enthusiasts don't buy the highest end processor at all even if they can afford it. They simply buy something that should overclock well and they push that to the limits. They'll use their money somewhere else like the video cards, motherboard and storage devices.

WTF are you talking about? You think kids need 1100 dollar processors to play games and do school work?

I'm pretty sure Crysis has adjustable settings, so what are you bitching about? That you can't run it at max with year old cheap hardware? Are you effing kidding me? What do you want them to do? Remove all the high graphics settings so the people that CAN afford high end hardware have to live with lower image quality like you do?

If you think you need to spend 2500 dollars every 5 months to "enjoy" computers/PC gaming then you are retarded. Shit, half the fun for a lot of homebuilders is doing a lot for a little.

Your posts make absolutely no sense.

I didnt talk crap to anyone specific but Nicolaski attacked me personally

first of all my friend I can afford it, I could afford whatever the f*ck I want to.
but not because I can,means that they have to take advantage.

and next time, go sit on your moms lab and call her a retard. you idiot.

I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to wait a bit for the cheaper Penryn's. writing a statement about building a computer with the top of the line next gen Intel chip for children that "need" it for school and games makes me believe maybe a child wrote that post.

as said above, perhaps you should learn simple economics.

Well I have 3 young kids under 10 and they all have computers...As I upgrade mine it get's passed down...but they don't need the latest and greatest by all means...two years ago I upgraded to an AMD 3700 with a 7800GT. Played everything...now each kid has a setup like this....plenty for them on a 19in LCD.

Aside from that I hear your point.

f*ck this shit, these people think that all we do is work to buy new computers? Jezus Christ. why do you let them rip us off like this.

f*ck intel f*ck amd, f*ck computers and the f*cking overpriced pieces of shit.

they want us to believe that without all this new hardware, we wont be able to play anything new etc etc.

you f*cking put $1000 into a good build right now and the next thing you know, it's old tech after 6 months

f*ck this monopoly
f*ck bush
f*ck chavez

You don't get to decide what I buy and at what price, period!
Don't want to spend the green, then dont...but quit whining about other people doing it...

Well I have 3 young kids under 10 and they all have computers...As I upgrade mine it get's passed down...but they don't need the latest and greatest by all means...two years ago I upgraded to an AMD 3700 with a 7800GT. Played everything...now each kid has a setup like this....plenty for them on a 19in LCD.

Aside from that I hear your point.

Thats awesome I need to get me some kids so I can have more reasons to upgrade! To Help the kids!! :D:D

I didnt talk crap to anyone specific but Nicolaski attacked me personally

first of all my friend I can afford it, I could afford whatever the f*ck I want to.
but not because I can,means that they have to take advantage.

and next time, go sit on your moms lab and call her a retard. you idiot.

I didn't say you were a retard, I said IF you think you HAVE to spend 5000 dollars a year to "enjoy" computers and/or PC gaming THEN you are a retard. And I stand by my statement.

Your opinion is ridiculous. If you want one, buy one. If you don't want one, don't buy one. They're not going to, and never will, sell the brand new cutting edge ultra high performance parts for dirt cheap, even if they could, which they can't. Whining about it is stupid and pointless.

It's called anger management BTW, look into it.

I'll go sit on my moms lab now.

From a 2 minute perusal of your post history, you wont even shell out the extra dough for midrange gear (you talk about upgrading to a 4200+, talk about upgrading to an 8500GT, talk about upgrading to a 17 or 19" LCD, talk about spending a total of 550 on an entire build).

So if you're not capable or willing to buy midrange gear, why the crap do you care so much about companies releasing high end gear at high end prices? You can supposedly afford to buy it, but you don't want to, so your response to its existence is spasms of rage and posts filled with enough profanity to make Tourette's patients blush?

well it just pisses me off to see those ridiculous prices and people still buy them.
i have nothing against people buying them its their money though, i could careless.

but oh well...

Back