Penryn Compatible Motherboards?

Star Fox

Limp Gawd
Will all 775 socket mobo's with support for 1333fsb work with Penryn?

If not, which one's will?
Thanks.

Any mobo based on the P35 chipset will support the new Penryn CPUs. I think 680i/650i will also support Penryn CPUs but not too sure about that. That's pretty much it.

965 doesn't officially support Penryn but apparently some manufacturers may release BIOS for theirs.

Plz verify which mobo does support Penryn, eg Asus put up a list
NOT ALL 775 MOBO'S WILL SUPPORT PENRYN ( eg there are still loads of 945, 570 and 590 chipsets floating around ) and not all types are compatible

Plz verify which mobo does support Penryn, eg Asus put up a list :

http://event.asus.com/mb/45nm/

And that list is yet doubtfull as some users already have QX9650's and they don't work properly on the 680i ones

Some 975's do as some 965, P35 and X38 no worries there 680i till now doubtfull as the new 780i is delayed due to Penryn incompatability

My ASUS maximus (basically a souped up P5E) x38 is great so far, all be it with a core 2 extreme...it is advertised to work with penryn and as soon as I can find one on sale I will let you know more..nice thing is the fsb will support 1066/1333/1600. The overclocking features seem extensive but I am more used to the Nvidia bios features...in any case mem to 1066 and cpu to 3.5 no problems once I sorted out the v-core. Stable so far...not too sure if this mobo is worth it over the vanilla P5E though, especially if you are going with stock cooling.

Good Luck

I purchased a GA-P35-DS3R in June, and now am considering upgrading to a Q6600 or E6850, according to the Gigabyte support list, only the GA-P35-DS3 (rev. 2) board supports Q6600 or QX6850. Anyone been able to run either of those CPUs on a GA-P35-DS3R (rev 1)?

I ran a Q6600 on the P35DS3 so I wouldn't see why you couldn't run it on your board, I updated the board to Bios F6 though, normally all P35 mobo's should support Q6600 without an issue...and Gigabyte lists your mobo to support the upcoming penryns. I would mail Gigabyte about it could be an error on their behalf or something is wrong with your revision (must be webbie as it's listed on belgium website)

From Bios F1 is your CPU supported mate, no worries there

Page is slow :

http://www.giga-byte.be/Support/Motherboard/CPUSupport_Model.aspx?ProductID=2551

Well if you read what has been posted here (but not by the thread starter) Bitbum ( see post #9 ) wants to know if he can run a q6600 on his P35DS3R rev 1.0... I replied to that :p

Back