pen on iPhone screen...help!

so my friend was messing with the iPhone and somehow decided that since the iPhone did not have a stylus he would just use his pen...see where this is going? So how do I get it off? Windex maybe?

windex.
or if that doesnt work: rubbing alcohol

note: turn it off and do that. (if you cant then just run down the battery till it dies completely.

Unless they scratched the pen into the surface, you can't just 'wipe' it off? Things like that come off of glass VERY easily.

I've read through several sources, that you should obviously not use any ammonia based cleaners, but I would be very hesitant to use even windex on the type of screen they use for the iPhone. Just be careful, call your local apple store and just ask a sales rep if they know what kind of cleaners are safe to use on the surface before jumping to conclusions about what cleaners are appropriate to use.

should be safe using lens cleaner, like that for DLSR cameras. it is supposed to be safe for lens coatings, so... YMMV, but frankly that is what id use.

the wipe that comes with the phone don't 'buff' it out? If not next, try a little water on a soft cloth. If not, then use the lens cleaner suggested up there ^^^.
I don't even think the phone responds to stylii. :confused:

water and a lint free cloth.

And, maybe install a screen protector......

You can get some eyeglass lens wipes from target for like $3 for a pack of 20. Those are what I use to clean my iPhone's screen.

I use Clorox disenfecting wipes and iKlear on my iphone pretty regularly, it doesn't hurt it at all.

Back