NoEcho
2[H]4U
- Joined
- Aug 14, 2001
- Messages
- 3,250
Any sound cards out yet that use PCIx?
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Well, I can't speak for the OP, but my wanting for a PCI-Express sound card is two fold:fuelvolts said:Nope, sorry - Sound processing doesn't need a 64 bit bus - 32bit PCI will be just fine for the forseable future. If there was, it would not offer any performance increases whatsoever.
Vertigo Acid said:Well, I can't speak for the OP, but my wanting for a PCI-Express sound card is two fold:
1. I have slots to fill on my motherboard
2. I would love isolation from my on-board SATA RAID controller to avoid cracking/popping.
Let me rephrase that;MrWizard6600 said:LOL SLOTS TO FILL ON MOBO.
...
SoundBlaster said:So , what kind of PCIx is expected to used for sound card ( 16X PCIx ) or ( 1X PCIx)
How much 1X PCIx is faster than normal PCI 2.3 ? ?![]()
uh yeah okay you keep thinking that. What about 10 gig fiber nics?MrWizard6600 said:remember theres pci-e 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x and 16x. 16 is really only VGA cuz nothing else needs that much gbps
I was going to buy me some of those tbhcorrosive23 said:uh yeah okay you keep thinking that. What about 10 gig fiber nics?
corrosive23 said:uh yeah okay you keep thinking that. What about 10 gig fiber nics?
starbuck8968 said:10Gbps = 1.25 GB/s
PCIe x4 link provides 1 GB/s each direction (2 GB/s combined bidirectional)
PCIe x16 link provides 4 GB/s each direction (8 GB/s combined bidirectional)
There are already NICsfuelvolts said:Ahh FTW! Besides, who nees that in their home yet?
Well, PCI is so cemented right now, I bet its a few years before you see ANY mainstream PCIe peripherals besides VGA cards.