• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCI express sound cards?

EchoMatrix said:
SB is rumored to have one comming out

more creative crap? id rather run on-board. oh wait, I do and have had much less problems ever since
 
I want a PCIe nVidia Soundstorm.....i would seriously pay for that card
 
Octave said:
.....i would seriously pay for that card
as opposed to stealing it?? ;)
I'd love to get one as well...wait I dont have a pci-e mobo...guess i need to rectify that situation first!
 
Octave said:
I want a PCIe nVidia Soundstorm.....i would seriously pay for that card

I would settle for a normal pci soundstorm at this point... Gosh.. I wish something would come out that will solve my Soundstorm withdrawals... I really enjoyed seeing all my speakers light up and Dolby Digital / DTS pop up on my Technics decoder on my Shuttle SN41G2. :D
 
I thought nvidia scrapped soundstorm for good? Sorry if this is getting off topic... I'd like to see some PCI-E offerings like soundcards as well.
 
The_Engineer said:
I thought nvidia scrapped soundstorm for good? Sorry if this is getting off topic... I'd like to see some PCI-E offerings like soundcards as well.

They have.. It was a sorry attempt at being sarcastic. :p I hear the Soundblaster Zenith is gonna be pcie tho. whenever that is supposed to come out.
 
Stinn said:
as opposed to stealing it?? ;)
I'd love to get one as well...wait I dont have a pci-e mobo...guess i need to rectify that situation first!
i meant i would pay a premium for it....duhhhhh
heh
I too am having SoundStorm withdrawls....ever since going to my P4...ive been wishing for my soundstorm....but i cant go back to my 2500 barton...even if the sound was better :p
I dont understand why they wouldnt put out a PCIe soundstorm...it could be such a good product
as for other PCIe sound cards.......and other types of cards for that matter.....i fear they are too far away to worry about at the moment :(
 
what's the advantage of a PCIe soundcard? Does a soundcard really require more bandwidth than a normal PCI slot?
 
Jeriko_Cherry said:
what's the advantage of a PCIe soundcard? Does a soundcard really require more bandwidth than a normal PCI slot?

probably nothing.. except when motherboards drops pci completely.. you can still use it.
 
Jeriko_Cherry said:
what's the advantage of a PCIe soundcard? Does a soundcard really require more bandwidth than a normal PCI slot?
well due to the size of the cooler on one of my graphics cards, (the whole thing takes up 3 slots) I'll have to get rid of my Audigy 2 ZS when I go SLI... I will only have 1 pci express slot open at that point. I'm not planning to SLI for at least a few months, but it would be nice to see some PCIexpress sound cards on the horizon any way.
 
I plan on using my SB Audigy 2 for a good while.

And I dunno what your guy's problem is, but i've almost never had a problem with SB cards in the years i've been using them. Now Philips and Hercules Sound cards, fuck...those things are something else.
 
IceWind said:
I plan on using my SB Audigy 2 for a good while.

And I dunno what your guy's problem is, but i've almost never had a problem with SB cards in the years i've been using them. Now Philips and Hercules Sound cards, fuck...those things are something else.

I will be using mine in my HTPC so the Audigy2 isn't going to fly. I don't have a problem with it.. other than not being able to do 5.1 dd encoding in hardware.
 
The newest Intel boards (based on the 955x) can do it with the onboard sound. And the SB Zenith SHOULD be able to do it... but who knows when that will come out. Rumours say this year, but that's as specific as they get. Anyone know?
 
magnetik said:
I will be using mine in my HTPC so the Audigy2 isn't going to fly. I don't have a problem with it.. other than not being able to do 5.1 dd encoding in hardware.

no it can decode it in hardware DTS too on the 2ZS it just cant pass it over the digital out on the card for some stupid reasion
 
Elios said:
no it can decode it in hardware DTS too on the 2ZS it just cant pass it over the digital out on the card for some stupid reasion

that's the way I run it.. I will never go back to analog... I like running 1 cable to my reciever.
 
magnetik said:
I would settle for a normal pci soundstorm at this point... Gosh.. I wish something would come out that will solve my Soundstorm withdrawals... I really enjoyed seeing all my speakers light up and Dolby Digital / DTS pop up on my Technics decoder on my Shuttle SN41G2. :D

It's already here

It's just not called "Soundstorm."
 
Creative is rumored to be releaseing there PCIe Soundcard "Zenith" .. soon :confused: :)
 
Hvatum said:
It's already here

It's just not called "Soundstorm."



No offense but I think that card is absolute bullshit. Forum user reviews are impressive and all :rolleyes: but how about a "Review"? With Bechmarks as compared to other cards.

Some no name bozo on an internet forum sayin "Works better than my Audigy"!! means jack squat.

(my opinion)
 
JL_Audio_User said:
No offense but I think that card is absolute bullshit. Forum user reviews are impressive and all :rolleyes: but how about a "Review"? With Bechmarks as compared to other cards.

Some no name bozo on an internet forum sayin "Works better than my Audigy"!! means jack squat.

(my opinion)

Yeah, it's probably messing up the 1's and 0's so the sound is inverted! :rolleyes:

Seriously though it would be hard to mess up implimenting standard Dolby Digital conversion chips. It's Analog DAC is another matter, but if you're going Digital there's not much that can go wrong.

Better you wait anyway with your order so I can be sure my order stays in stock! :D
 
Back
Top