• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

pci express = pci 2.0?

skitch21

n00b
Joined
May 10, 2006
Messages
5
Im confused i see PCI, and then PCI 2.0. I have an NF7-s2g do i have PCI 2 slots? Or i need an upgrade?
 
PCI express is a much different beasty than PCI.

Connectors are shapped much different and many other changes, not interchangable, sorry.
 
Right, I would advise against it though. There's just better ways to spend the money. Being an early adopter is fine, but I'd have a monster rig first. In fact, even beyond the practicality of the ppu monies itself, a monster rig is needed to get the most out of this thing - to fully capitalize on the effects or get a game like Cellfactor running in the first place.

Even with a very modern rig, it would be very tempting to put the money toward a second gpu instead, at this point in time. Really, I'd think it would appeal most to existing SLI/crossfire users or at least one single high end card. Not what you want to hear, but save up for a new platform instead.
 
Im running a 3200+, 2gb ddr, 10,000 rpm raptor hdd

would prolly upgrade to athonfx or x2 new mobo

geforce 6800gt

any suggestions?
 
If you've read everything and really want it, go for it :D

It'll be fine in your board, just make sure your PSU is a decent 400/high 300 watt job and you'll be fine...
 
DO you plan to playany of the games that are out that support it?

read over [H] review of the card and the in game screen shots which will show you what you "get" for your $200+ - a flying can here and there and extra shrapnel.
 
I play City of Heroes (and Villains), and am impressed with the future titles supporting this card. I may build a new system soon, and could use this card in it.

worth the cash or what?
 
Wait for the CoV/CoH patch and accompanying screenies and movies - if you like what you see and you got the cash, buy away.

For me, CF and GRAW were worth it, but then again I'm always an early adopter :D
 
Back
Top