PCI-E on 478?

Firebat

Gawd
Title says it all. Where can i find a mobo that allows overclocking and has pci-e 16x on a socket 478 proc?

Albatron made one, but they are only slightly less rare than hen's teeth.

==>Lazn

Asus also had one, but it wasn't available in the states...only Europe

Albatron actually has a couple. They were on newegg for the longest time. Only recently did they get rare.

The Albatron was available here. Just have to find someone selling it :).

I think i got part of the last batch from albatron when they were up on newegg. since they went down i haven't seen anymore in stock, even when they are in stock, they go fast!

I made a thread in the intel motherboard section about the board, it is pretty nice, i can do 228mhz FSB with value PC3200 ram stable running 3.42GHz, not bad, probably would get more with better ram and cooling solution.

If you look around for chrisf6969 i think he was thinking of selling his albatron board to get a newer intel socket T intel.

Personally, I wouldn't go through the trouble. If you want PCI-E performance on a budget, I'd grab a Pentium 4 550 and a Abit AA8XE or some other board. The 550 is fairly cheap and usually goes to 4GHz+. I did so on air. Though I had a hard time keeping it cool at those speeds.

I was looking at the Asus one, but the one that sold on ebay yesterday went for 350...

ryuji said:
because of dothan

Exactly, I think I just may ebay my 750, haven't heard good things about the abit mbs and the shuttle only allows up to 166 fsb.

ND40oz said:
Exactly, I think I just may ebay my 750, haven't heard good things about the abit mbs and the shuttle only allows up to 166 fsb.
get a p4c800-e and a x850 xt-pe... and oc the dothan to 3 ghz or so and it would be a fine system

We should get together a group buy and find someplace in europe with the asus board.

ryuji said:
get a p4c800-e and a x850 xt-pe... and oc the dothan to 3 ghz or so and it would be a fine system
The P4C800 is almost as hard to find as the PCIE 478 asus board, and agp is dead.

ChronicTrees said:
We should get together a group buy and find someplace in europe with the asus board.

The P4C800 is almost as hard to find as the PCIE 478 asus board, and agp is dead.

They did a group buy at XS I believe...some of them might be selling them used.

kirbyrj said:
They did a group buy at XS I believe...some of them might be selling them used.
Yeah, one of their members told me about it, I wish I would have known about it earlier.

ChronicTrees said:

p4p works as well, and no matter how you look at it its still a fine gaming system... and since 'agp is dead' nobody wants the cards so.... you can get a damn nice card for cheap then

ryuji said:

Yeah, but the 7800GT I have sitting in the box won't work with it and neither will this spare DDR2 I have, so I ordered a gigabyte 975 board and a 930 today. I think it's performance should be atleast comparable to the dothans :)

Back