• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

PCI card for recording

sdgserv

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
1,034
Looking for PCi sound card that has a break out box, internal or external that will record music from guitar or keyboard, must be able to playback in 5.1 not 2 channel..Like a Terratec 6 fire. Something other than Creative X-Fi. Been looking around and just can't seem to find what I need. Or some way to go from 2 channel to 5.1 Klipch speakers like a e-mu 1212 or the 1818.
Any suggestions are welcome, I am running out of ideas

thanks
 
What's the story with the DMX6 fire?
those are very decent recording cards. ;)
 
While you would want to look for a card with 5.1 compatability, are you using a program capable of recording in a 5.1 configuration? If not, why bother?
 
Creamyapples said:
While you would want to look for a card with 5.1 compatability, are you using a program capable of recording in a 5.1 configuration? If not, why bother?

I understand your statement and it make sense..I also have a large music collection that I wan't to play on my Klipch Ultras and the card will not do it
 
In my experience, which isn't extensive by any means, PC based recording and 5.1 surround don't usually go hand in hand. Unless you have the money to spend for a card that will do it all. When I got into PC based recording I built a new box around the idea and use it solely for recording, to ease my headaches. I was just curious, as far as your question goes I'm affraid I can't offer any suggestions though I'd be more than happy to rap about recording in general, if you like, pm me.
 
sdgserv said:
Looking for PCi sound card that has a break out box, internal or external that will record music from guitar or keyboard, must be able to playback in 5.1 not 2 channel..Like a Terratec 6 fire. Something other than Creative X-Fi. Been looking around and just can't seem to find what I need. Or some way to go from 2 channel to 5.1 Klipch speakers like a e-mu 1212 or the 1818.
Any suggestions are welcome, I am running out of ideas

thanks

Any reason why "no" to the X-Fi cards?
 
I can't argue for or against it..I think the Pro is in my price range..Newegg has it for $189 which is just about right..I noticed that you had the pro elite and thats a few bucks, but it looks good.
 
sdgserv said:
I can't argue for or against it..I think the Pro is in my price range..Newegg has it for $189 which is just about right..I noticed that you had the pro elite and thats a few bucks, but it looks good.

Are you sure the Elite Pro is $189? I thought they were like $400..

edit: misread the post.
 
Back
Top