PC Version Of Destiny Not Ruled Out

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this article, Bungie has not ruled out the possibility of a PC version of Destiny. I'm not saying I have a lack of faith in Bungie's abilities but, with as much trouble as the company has had working on the console versions with a fixed set of hardware, I couldn't imagine them trying to develop a PC version that has limitless hardware configurations. :eek:

Also in our interview today, we asked Barrett if Bungie would ever released Destiny on PC. He said this has not been ruled out, but don't expect it anytime soon. "No updates on that today, but we're always looking at what platforms make sense for Destiny," he explained.

I would buy it. Been wanting to try that game.

Last edited:
I'd still be ecstatic for a complete version of the game to come out on PC once the final season of content launches next year. Include cross-platform online in that bitch and everyone will be happy.

At this point a PC version would only be fun if I can play with console owners. Otherwise I'll wait for emulator like Xenia and RPCS3 to play Destiny on PC. Then I'll KB+Mouse them console peasants.

Too late now anyway, if it's Destiny 2 then maybe it makes sense.

I would've cared two years ago, but its too late now as I have no interest in the game anymore.

Having (finally) played Destiny on XboxOne thanks to a gift (of both system, and then game) I have to say it isn't a bad title. Granted, it could be better, but as far as a "Borderlands + PVP Mode" title goes, it certainly holds my interest more than most "CoD type, match focused" shooters. Now, there are some things I think are unacceptable, such as the microtransactions to get emotes and the like (and you can only equip ONE AT A TIME! Come on now...) but if they knocked off that kind of nonsense it is a decent way to spend an hour or two. Its disappointing that Bungie didn't release on PC from the very start - same with even Halo for those who care about such things (especially now that Microsoft finally is saying our games should be both on PC and console). Releasing Destiny now would likely not be a very good decision, except perhaps if they brought it over in an "Ultimate Edition" that is budget priced and includes both The Taken King AND the upcoming expansion, plus all of the "Deluxe/Collector's Edition" in game outfits and shit for both. We've waited years, so I think that's justified. Otherwise, jut put their energy into Destiny 2 and release on PC from day 1, but do not think you can pull console pricing bullshit or make a bad port and expect to get stellar reviews.

If they don't want to release something on PC, that's great, but they - like the rest of the console industry - needs to stop treating PC gamers like second class citizens and then wondering why we won't prolapse our wallets to give the prices they wish. If you release on PC, it needs to be done right and it needs to be priced reasonably. Every single time someone whines about this they lose, while those that "get it" end up making a fortune on sales by volume. Valkyria Chronicles is a great example. It was PS3 exclusive for a long time, nobody thought it would ever come off a Sony system, a niche title etc. Sega brought it to PC, charged around $25 for it at its newest, included ALL the DLC, generally made a good port (couple of issues, but I won't fault them for issues above 60FPS given it was a PS3 engine title), and it sold in droves. I bought at launch, it has been included in a ton of sales and bundles for $7-10 etc... but it has never been more profitable and the developers and publishers were shocked at their sustained income!

Unless my progress from PS4 could be transferred over, I actually wouldn't buy a PC port if available. I'd say that if people have the money and are curious, it's still a helluva lot of fun to play. I'm on PS4 using a XIM4 adapter for mouse input, and I've been having a blast with Destiny for over a year. I'd say there are still many people who want to see this game fail and talk crap about it without ever having played it. I say they're missing out on a very fun game, but to each his or her own.

Bungie: "We have no plans for a PC version. This will be an epic 10-year console experience."

/Realized that PC style game wasn't recouping development costs as quickly as expected

Bungie: "Oh, um, yea, maybe we will give the PC users a version as well."

/Where this goes from here - PC version sells poorly because PC gamers don't want sloppy seconds several years later.

Bungie: "The PC version sold poorly, thus confirming that it should have been console only. Also, something about piracy."

At this point a PC version would only be fun if I can play with console owners. Otherwise I'll wait for emulator like Xenia and RPCS3 to play Destiny on PC. Then I'll KB+Mouse them console peasants.

1. You'll be waiting a LONG time.
2. Once it arrives, you won't be connecting to the console networks on an emulator.

Bungie: "We have no plans for a PC version. This will be an epic 10-year console experience."

/Realized that PC style game wasn't recouping development costs as quickly as expected

Bungie: "Oh, um, yea, maybe we will give the PC users a version as well."

/Where this goes from here - PC version sells poorly because PC gamers don't want sloppy seconds several years later.

Bungie: "The PC version sold poorly, thus confirming that it should have been console only. Also, something about piracy."

When in doubt, blame shitty PC sales on piracy.

But you already can with a XIM4 adapter, and the game is a lot of fun IMO. I actually just started a clan with co-workers and friends called "Nubs are Us" . LOL

Frankly, I would rather see Last of Us on PC. I don't have any intention of buying a PS4 or 3, but from everything I've heard I would really like to play that game.

Clearly, the game was intended for PC, otherwise, who in their right mind would design an interface based around a cursor? I suspect all the Sony bucks they received convinced them to keep it console exclusive.

I also play it with a Xim adapter on the Xbox One. It's not quite the same as playing on a pc, but it's a manageable compromise.

Clearly, the game was intended for PC, otherwise, who in their right mind would design an interface based around a cursor? I suspect all the Sony bucks they received convinced them to keep it console exclusive.

I also play it with a Xim adapter on the Xbox One. It's not quite the same as playing on a pc, but it's a manageable compromise.

Yeah using the XIM4 is much better than not playing the game at all. I've enjoyed many hours playing Destiny on PS4.

If I could transfer my character from psn, I would consider it. But bungie is all talk these days. I'll stick with overwatch for my mp fix.

I don't expect the first version of the game to ever hit. I do expect they might bring the sequel over.

I don't expect the first version of the game to ever hit. I do expect they might bring the sequel over.

This makes a lot more sense, and if they allow people to transfer a character's progress from the consoles over to the PC for Destiny 2, then that would be awesome.

after 2 years lol, they can just keep it, and if they release it i wouldn't spend over 20€ on it.

Frankly, I would rather see Last of Us on PC. I don't have any intention of buying a PS4 or 3, but from everything I've heard I would really like to play that game.

Damn, if you lived in the area, I'd loan you my PS3 and the game. It's a must play. Definitely a great game if you like that style. Just an excellent story, great visuals, audio is great. It's a very well done game.

I hope they rule it out, I'd be even happier if they never made another destiny related title or expansion ever again.

Is this game really all that different from the entirely free game Warframe?
Not really, no. At least with warframe they try to listen to fans and add variety even if isn't best.

I hope they rule it out, I'd be even happier if they never made another destiny related title or expansion ever again.

Not really, no. At least with warframe they try to listen to fans and add variety even if isn't best.

If you don't like the game, then don't play it. There are plenty of people who enjoy the game. So since you don't like it, you want other people to stop enjoying it too? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

If you don't like the game, then don't play it. There are plenty of people who enjoy the game. So since you don't like it, you want other people to stop enjoying it too? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
No i believe they are capable of making something way better and instead this trash continuing on forever only to sell recycled content in $40 packs i'd rather see them make literally anything else.

No i believe they are capable of making something way better and instead this trash continuing on forever only to sell recycled content in $40 packs i'd rather see them make literally anything else.

Well what you consider to be trash, I consider to be one of the best (and most fun) video games I've ever played, so to each his or her own.

Destiny was far under what they talked about, in the end it was still a very fun game. the game play was fantastic, there was little to no story which was far under par of what they talked about as this 3 part epic tale. It was a blast to play, taken king was a lot of fun but I feel like now they are just getting too greedy. The expansions are surely not worth $40 to me. I likely will not be buying the next one as it has taken too long to come out. Ill have skyrim to play again soon haha.

Destiny was far under what they talked about, in the end it was still a very fun game. the game play was fantastic, there was little to no story which was far under par of what they talked about as this 3 part epic tale. It was a blast to play, taken king was a lot of fun but I feel like now they are just getting too greedy. The expansions are surely not worth $40 to me. I likely will not be buying the next one as it has taken too long to come out. Ill have skyrim to play again soon haha.

Yes, I guess there is still some focus on what it could have been rather than what it is. I suppose this prevents some people from enjoying the game that has been released. Luckily, I never paid attention to the hype, so I didn't have unobtainable expectations for the game. Furthermore, how is this different than a lot of games? Many games have incredible graphics and features when demoed at E3, only to be changed (for the worse) for the official release(s).

If people can forgive the lackluster story and appreciate the gunplay and social aspect, then Destiny truly can be an enjoyable game.

I would be interested in this as at present I basically haven't been able to play half the game. I really enjoyed the campaign and raid stuff, but I just refuse to deal with PVP with a controller. I would be very interested in destiny PVP on my PC with proper input for a FPS.

Damn, if you lived in the area, I'd loan you my PS3 and the game. It's a must play. Definitely a great game if you like that style. Just an excellent story, great visuals, audio is great. It's a very well done game.

This is exactly why too...I hear all of this consistently about the game. I love good, story driven games. I really wanted Quantum Break to be better than it was simply for the idea of a nice, story driven game.

I would be interested in this as at present I basically haven't been able to play half the game. I really enjoyed the campaign and raid stuff, but I just refuse to deal with PVP with a controller. I would be very interested in destiny PVP on my PC with proper input for a FPS.

XIM4 with mouse is pretty solid.

It's ok..not good enough to justify spending over $100 on a single use piece of hardware though. More importantly, my living room isn't setup to use a kb/mouse so it is kind of moot.

It is cheating. Learn to play with a controller if on console. Don't get angry because people own you while using the same method of input, practice and get better.

It is cheating. Learn to play with a controller if on console. Don't get angry because people own you while using the same method of input, practice and get better.

Not going to agree with you on the cheating bit. It is held to the same input restrictions as a controller as far as speed and accuracy goes. You can configure your controller thumbsticks to move just as fast. It simply makes it easier for those who don't like using a controller in an fps to adapt.

That aside, I only use a controller on my console. Like I said, price and performance doesn't justify it. I would rather just not participate in PVP until there is a control option that isn't trash. I have zero desire to learn a controller that well.

And learn to fight with one hand tied behind your back while you're at it.

Back