PC stays on and peripherals not working

DarkDubzs

Limp Gawd
This has been happening a lot lately, almost every time my pc is supposed to automatically go to sleep after a couple hours I have set it to. What happens is that the computer stays running with the cpu and case fans running, one fan is and LED fan, and all the LED's stay on, including one on the front of the chassis. The mouse also has a blue LED and that stays on too, but moving it does nothing. Then my keyboard is backlit and those do not light up, nor does hitting any keys do anything either. The only thing that I can do is press the power button and wait for it to POST, then it takes me to the user login screen for Windows 8. I then log on and everything is the same as I had it when it was asleep, my program(s) are open and tabs in Chrome still there. This is the really weird part for me, because I dont see why it would show the motherboard logo screen like if its POSTing and then just take me back to the login screen, then everything is still intact like it was normally asleep. It's never done this, even after I upgraded to W8.1 a long time ago. It used to go to sleep like normal and everything would turn off, except the front chassis LED would blink and the peripherals would turn off completely, and when I turned it back on it would take me straight to the Windows user login screen, not showing me the motherboard POST screen... it would normally do this after a couple hours AFK and when I put it to sleep instead of shutting off.
Full specs in my signature. Could this be a motherboard problem, or maybe the PSU? My CPU temps are fine and have not really changed.

Sounds like an issue with the Sleep State setting in the UEFI. See your motherboard manual for more info.

Back